After surgery

HazYu

Aug 17, 2015
I had a tummy tuck last month and I am on my path to recovery. I still can't lift heavy things or bend my body but I have started doing small exercises as a part if recovery. bathing is a problem and standing for that long gives me back pain. So I am using a shower seat for now. How long does it take to get completely recover? Is there anything we can do to speed up the recovery process? If you have something to share please do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fine by day 10. IIRC days 3-4 were hardest and seemed like around day 10 I felt more like my old self and got better daily.
I'd shower with water hitting my back mostly and I was definitely not doing any exercise, not even small yet.
I tend to heal slowly and have a very low pain tolerance. . . and I'd do it again! :smile:

Reactions: cdtracing
Congrats! It's one helluva surgery and recovery isn't the kindest either. I had a hernia repair/diastus repair...basically an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
The recovery is brutal, but I have ZERO regrets. I had mine done a year ago and to this day, I still have swelling, especially after exercising. It's a strange swelling, it's almost like a constant contraction, where it's hard and it seizes up. My doctor says that it's normal and I'm okay with it, but I notice that when I'm PMS, it tends to get worse. I didn't hit the gym/exercise after at least 12 weeks, go slow and concentrate on stretching and getting used to your new body.