After price increase for 2014, what is in your mind now?

bobo_sg

Aug 6, 2010
All the classic flap have increase prices to pretty expensive. If you already owned your dream classic flap, would you be eyeing for more flaps or switching to other brands.

Yes, the classic flaps are pretty expensive now, so I will be switching for sure... I'm a fan of the m/l size classic flap, but this one is now 3550 Euros - no bueno :nono:
I have four m/l classic flaps in beige clair, black, red and dark purple - I will add sometime next year a blue one (depends on what shade of blue I want and it has to be with shw), but that's it then for me, I won't pay that price for the m/l's...

In the future I will stick to the mini size and the WOC... they are not that expensive as the classic flaps... and I will add one or two GST...

Would probably add one or 2 mor m/l classic flap and that would be it for me. After that, will stick to WOC or seasonal bags that are cheaper as previous poster has stated. I just bought 2 caviar boys in a span of 2 weeks and that cost me almost 10K with tax. Thinking about it, I could have bought an Hermes almost but I love both my boys so no regrets here:P

I thought I'd stop buying or slow down, but so far I'm just soooooo in LOVE with Chanel that I can't & probably never will stop buying Chanel. I will just be more picky when buying a new item. I'll make sure its a bag I really really want. I'm pretty bag content and should be right now. So buying shoes, jewelery, and rtw are what interest me after my recent purchases this past week (reveals soon).
I've tried to like hermes, but I can't. My heart and eyes do not gravitate towards hermes. Yes it's beautiful, but it doesn't get me excited and giddy like Chanel. I'm a true Chanel lover always & forever.

Last edited:
I'll probably still add to my collection. The prices are already so high, I've been focusing on shoes and jewelry a lot lately. I'll probably turn to consignment and vintage for any additional flaps now. But wocs, gst, mini, and wallets are still within reach to me pricewise.... For now! This may all change though if I see something new that I can't resist at full price. My credit card is trembling in my handbag now as I speak lol

I thought I'd stop buying or slow down, but so far I'm just soooooo in LOVE with Chanel that I can't & probably never will stop buying Chanel. I will just be more picky when buying a new item. I'll make sure its a bag I really really want. I'm pretty bag content and should be right now. So buying shoes, jewelery, and rtw are what interest me after my recent purchases this past week (reveals soon).
I've tried to like hermes, but I can't. My heart and eyes do not gravitate towards hermes. Yes it's beautiful, but it doesn't get me excited and giddy like Chanel. I'm a true Chanel lover always & forever.

+1 I love hermes but I honestly i'm not attracted to them as much as I am to chanel

it is so hard to stay away from chanel. it is super hard to practice self control. however, i am proud of myself coz i just bought one classic flap this year and have focused more on shoes. i may look into adding another classic flap when the right navy blue comes along but at the moment shoes should satisfy my chanel needs :smile:

After my GST this year I think I am ready to move on to other brands. I am now looking at getting an Alma BB and a Lady Dior. I am missing a boy bag and a red flap, but honestly I can live without them. The prices are so insane. I'm happy with my small collection.

I already could not afford the new Flap prices, so I have brought pre-loved for both of my Flaps (but have no regrets) but I would like to buy a GST and "maybe" a WOC - so that least that is still affordable (for now).

I wont ever be buying a Flap from the boutique though - a Jumbo is now $7700 and M/L is now $6,900 in Australia - I can almost buy a small car for that. LOL