After price increase for 2014, what is in your mind now?

No interest in flaps whatsoever, so the price increase doesn't bother or affect me. I have my one Chanel hobo that I got preowned a few months ago for 80% off retail, and that's plenty. Don't need anymore Chanels or any other bags, for that matter. This girl is DONE.

The price increase has always been a factor in Chanel purchasing for me. Two years ago, when the flaps were quite a bit less money, I still though "wow, that's a lot to pay" and purchased two pre-loved bags. I have since bought a GST at the boutique(which went up in price by $700 since i purchased), and sold my two pre-loved bags in order to get a new bag (which I should have shortly). I have always wanted a jumbo. In the coming years, i can see myself either saving for the jumbo, or purchasing a mini or woc. It will really be a question of "what do i want more" as between the GST and my new bag, i will have a "going out" bag and a "day to day" bag, so really the only thing that would be missing is a medium-large bag (Jumbo or M/L flap).

I think a lot of us here on the forum are wishing that we would have purchased more flaps in the past when they were less expensive, so i will likely be using that mentality going forward (Although ,one must wonder how high in price they will actually get- i can't imagine that they would be priced at Birkin levels)

In the past month I have purchased 2 Chanels. A black preloved vintage classic single flap in lambskin and in GHW and a black on black calfskin boy WOC. I would like to round out my collection but not sure of the style yet but leaning towards a something in caviar red and in SHW. The price increases will definitely determine the bag style. Right now, a pst or gst is looking good right about now...

All the classic flap have increase prices to pretty expensive. If you already owned your dream classic flap, would you be eyeing for more flaps or switching to other brands.

I already do buy other brands, but somehow there always seems to be that "one more bag" from Chanel that catches my eye. After this spring/summer/fall, hopefully there won't be too much! I've watched prices go from around $1600 to $4900 for a M/L and from under $2k to nearly $5.5k for a 2.55 (size 226), so the price increases have been felt hard by me, yet I still have found bags that I felt I really wanted. I've never really had a "dream" classic (other than that stunning diamond one), but there are still a few fabrications that I'm keeping my eye on.

Now shoes...I'm just hopeless on those. Chanel makes super comfy flats, and their heels are pretty darn comfy, too.

Considering the ridiculous price increase in Australia, I've decided that all of my Chanel bag purchases will now be made overseas! The savings will pay for my plane ticket and a decent dinner haha :smile:

I don't think I will ever get over Chanel, but I wouldn't mind a LV speedy if I can ever justify spending the money at LV instead of Chanel!!

I thought I would be done after this last price increase, but I still can't help myself. Collecting classic Chanels makes me happy, so I will continue to do so until it's no longer "fun" and "exciting." That could mean just one Chanel per year, but, nevertheless, I hope to continue with my Chanel obsession for now.

I'm eyeing up one last jumbo if the perfect colour comes along, but apart from that I think classics are out now due to the price. I may invest in another GST though as it has proven such a great bag for a much more affordable price.

I got my reissue flap this year, GST and reissue flap last year. I don't have the classic flap, not too interested to get one except maybe m/l beige lamb but thats not a priority. I think i'll still buy chanel but more on seasonal ones which i think are also very pretty and rare - not everyone has it. I do have started walking into non chanel stores like dior, fendi, lv, gucci, and balenciaga but i realized that i'd rather spend my money on chanel.

I still remember buying my first M/L flap a few years ago. It was £840 and I'd never before spent that much on a bag. Now they're £3075. The increases are crazy.
I left Chanel for a long time and have been buying mainly Balenciaga. I came back to Chanel this year as I wanted classic pieces that I could see myself wearing in ten years time. I purchased two bags this year - Shiva Flap and M/L Flap. I'd love a reissue next year but would buy preloved as I am never going to feel comfortable spending almost £4000 on a bag. I buy Chanel sunglasses every season and am going to get a new pair of flats - other than that, I'm pretty content with everything I have.
I don't find Balenciaga exciting anymore, and other than BV, I'm not really interested in other brands.
The thing with Chanel is it's so easy to keep going...there's always just one more item I'm thinking about.

Wow it seems its easier to forget other brands but the love for Chanel stays forever. I used to owned a variety of brands but now stay with Chanel and nothing else but Chanel even though I only owned 3 pieces of Chanel classics.

I didn't feel like I need to buy it ALL after the price increase. Before the price increase I was having some bright colored classics in my wish list but I decided to put all that aside.

I am happy with my red M/L and some other Chanel bags for now.

With a 6k tag to a Chanel classic..... I went over to Hermes now. I was ready to get a Hermes Kelly after considering the low quality of C bags.

I have a really nice LV collection (canvas and leather). I have wanted a Chanel purse for 20 years and got a black calf mini earlier in the year! Chanel leather is TDF and I really think I am content for now! I am more of a classic bag lady and don't really go for trends but I did recently purchased a Fushsia patent Gucci so never say never, right! ;)