After PayPal claim was resolved, Seller continues to contact me...

SuperChica111

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Mar 25, 2008
Long story short:

Seller sales me a fake handbag.
I point this out to her.
Her only excuse is that the sell stated All Sales Final.
I file claim with PayPal (after repeated attempts to contact seller).
Seller never responds.
I left neg feedback on her Ebay. (She left retaliatory neg feedback as well)
Claim has full buyer protection, PayPal resolves my claim & I get my full refund back.
Fake handbag is destroyed.

It has now been about a month or so that this case was resolved & closed by PayPal. Seller has, out of NOWHERE, decided to contact me (could it be the negative balance she has in your bank account? hhmm?:lol:):

"I will pay back the rest of the $ if you return the bag in the same condition."

I know I had no need to respond to her, but the anger of seeing this person believe that I was still out of my money & her taking her sweet ol' time to respond got the best of me...so I responded :cursing::

"You're kidding, right? I already got my FULL refund from PayPal & that cheap bag was destroyed. Please do not contact me again."

Being that once a case is closed with PayPal nothing else can be done with the matter, she apparently has decided to contact SquareTrade to either A) get her fake handbag back OR B) get her money back that was taken from her account to refund me back. (she is now out of the bag AND money...being that I received my money back & the bag was destroyed)

Am I obligated to respond to her SquareTrade request?

I have no desire to be in contact with this person :nogood: & quite frankly, I no longer have the time to be dealing with this nonsense. I got my money back, I wish to move on with my life & the lesson I learned with purchasing handbags on Ebay.

Will there be any reprecussions against me if I don't respond?

Thanks.

You can use square trade to get a negative feedback removed if you are a seller. If the buyer does not respond in a certain amount of days they will remove the negative feedback. So if she is doing that respond with something about you do not wish to remove negative feedback that you were sold a fake bag.

I'd respond that PP refunded you for the fake handbag and that it was destroyed. Who destroyed it, did you do it yourself or did PP make you send it to them?

Keya: After I was able to recover my full amount with PayPal (had to call their customer care center to make sure all the proper steps were taken) the Customer Service guy I spoke to told me to dispose of the bag, being that the Seller never responded & the case was to be closed after my refund. So I threw the bag away.

Square trade policies seem to be in favor of scammers, if I were you I will not respond to her mails and anything to do with Square Trade. Mark her mail as spam let your mail filter take care of the rest.

So SquareTrade can't remove the feedback if she doesn't reply?
I had a seller contact SquareTrade about an item I bought once. It arrived damaged and I sent the seller pictures and she told me to return the item, and that she would send me a new item and return my return shipping fees. Well, neither of that happened. Instead she kept the item I paid for, never refunded me or sent a replacement, so I left her a negative and she left retaliatory feedback, then used SquareTrade to try to have my feedback removed (she claimed I damaged the item, which was ludicrous) I messaged back and forth with a SquareTrade representative, who confirmed that I had done nothing wrong and it didn't really seem like they could do much about anything unless I agreed to it (which I obviously didn't, the crazy seller scammed me out of both the purchase price and the return shipping fee) It did seem a bit like a waste of time, but if there's any chance that SquareTrade will remove the feedback you left unless you respond, it's def. worth doing (I don't know if they can do that, though :shrugs:)

If you're a buyer Keya, I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you're primarily a seller, and afraid of that neg, you can always start a new ID. Square Trade protects their members' interests therefore you won't find justice there. Next time channel your disputes through Paypal and let them handle it because everything you do will be recorded.

If you're a buyer Keya, I wouldn't worry if I were you. If you're primarily a seller, and afraid of that neg, you can always start a new ID. Square Trade protects their members' interests therefore you won't find justice there. Next time channel your disputes through Paypal and let them handle it because everything you do will be recorded.

Good advice, but be aware that eBay gives Square Trade the authority to remove that seller's neg if you do not respond. I think you should send one email only to Square Trade about having been sold a fake and that PayPal settled the claim in your favor. She had to actually pay Square Trade to get this mediation underway, I think about $40-50, so she is hurting with the negative you left her. If it remains, she may well be barred from belonging to Square Trade. Their requirements are pretty high. Make sure she keeps hurting. :cursing:

The only worry would be that squaretrade will see it as you have admittedly destroyed her property, but if paypal havent directly instructed you to return the bag then you can do what you like with it. Plus what she has sent you is illegal material. Its not illegal to buy fakes but it IS illegal to sell them.