After buying all those charms...

Seismic

Jan 11, 2010
During a recent Coach spell, I purchased just about every metal Coach charm I could find (brass AND nickel, to match any and all of my Coach bags). I can't tell you how much I spent, and I'm actually afraid to add up the total (probably enough to have purchased a new bag!).

Anyhoo, so yesterday I put three brass tags on a British tan legacy of mine, attached by a matching brass clip thingy. They look awesome together and look great on the bag. However, every time I take a single step, I hear jingle jingle jingle... Not softly. Like, loud enough that other people can hear the charms clinking together...

Now I'm annoyed. Not knowing what to do, I ended up removing one of the charms, leaving just two. Definitely cut down on all the noise, but it's not quite as pretty as having three...

Today, I carried a large black hobo. I also tried it with three [nickel] charms, but I had the same issue. I ended up putting the largest charm on one side of the bag, and the two other charms on the side.

(stupid rant, I know.)

Last edited:

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
Jan 29, 2009
So Cal 562
Yep, I found this out the hard way when I purchased one of those charms that has like 5 little charms hanging from it. They clank horribly when you are walking around. I haven't used this charm at all, but luckily I got it on eBay for one steal of a price (it was $98 at the boutique). I don't regret buying it because it's gorgeous, but I wish I could use it without it being so annoying. Haha!

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Happy town
i mix one metal to one patent or reg leather even with the poppy ones those are resin..so one resin to one leather..even on sabrina its 3 but a quiet 3

inch37

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Happy town
oh same thing i buy the leather ones to hang on bags like the ladybug..and jeweled heart but usually skip the metal ones