After 3 Chanel Purchases this month: Result; Disappointed

miyake0214

earthling
O.G.
Dec 16, 2009
I scouted all postings from this Chanel forum because of the expert opinions of our ladies. A concensus was reached by the majority that the quality is deteriorating.

Just few minutes ago, I decided to check the straps on my Maxi Chevron Black Patent. I almost fainted when I saw a 1/8 inch cut from the folded leather to the end of the stitch. Unlike the caviar where the strap is stitched on both sides, the patent leather's strap is folded and the stitch runs vertically.

I have not checked the jumbo beige caviar yet and the black GST as my heart sank with disappointment. I can only hold one for the night. Thousands of dollars I thought was worth investing in an Iconic brand such as Chanel.

I own 11 Louis Vuitton and its craftsmanship lives up to its name until now.

My 1990's jumbo lambskin still shine with quality and excellent craftsmanship.

Ladies, have you been slighted too by Chanel's handbags.

I scouted all postings from this Chanel forum because of the expert opinions of our ladies. A consensus was reached by the majority that the quality is deteriorating.

Just few minutes ago, I decided to check the straps on my Maxi Chevron Black Patent. I almost fainted when I saw a 1/8 inch cut from the folded leather to the end of the stitch. Unlike the caviar where the strap is stitched on both sides, the patent leather's strap is folded and the stitch runs vertically.

I have not checked the jumbo beige caviar yet and the black GST as my heart sank with disappointment. I can only hold one for the night. Thousands of dollars I thought was worth investing in an Iconic brand such as Chanel.

I own 11 Louis Vuitton and its craftsmanship lives up to its name until now.

My 1990's jumbo lambskin still shine with quality and excellent craftsmanship.

Ladies, have you been slighted too by Chanel's handbags.

just corrected a wrong spelling

So, what's wrong with the jumbo beige caviar and the black GST?

I have not been disappointed with the quality of my Chanel purchases as much as this forum tends to emphasize. Then again, this:

miyake0214 said:

does not sound like a defect to me. Is that a cut in the leather, or was it just folded and stitched differently than you expected?

I'm sorry you've been disappointed by the chevron patent maxi... She's a beautiful bag and I'm sure that if you decide to return her, someone else will be so happy to own her. :drool:

Hello Nighteyes. It is a cut. Maybe I overreacted. Have you seen a problem like this before? Can I fix it myself? What is your suggestion?
I overindulged this month and banning myself for the rest of the year.
She is beautiful, you are right about that and I know that someone else will grabe her quickly as the store has white caviar in jumbo available only as I spoke to the SA.

The title of my thread is misleading. The two bags are still in their boxes as we speak.

Miyake, I think you should return the bag! I experienced that also. I bought a bag from BG and noticed that there's a little cut on the bag after a month I think (I haven't used the bag yet so the price tag is still attached). Thus, I simply returned it and got another one from another store. I'd say that you're not overreacted because I'm kinda picky when buying new bags too, esp Chanel since it has been decreasing in quality nowadays.

Hi Miffy.. was the $2 sardonic or real?:biggrin:
They are from BG, NM and Bloomies.

Actually, I love to post pictures of my $2 bag because the design is very much like Chanel but not really and it's so sturdy!!! And no quality issue!!! :lol:

Yeah, I understand how disappointed you must be with your purchases. But don't give up - there are still some very well made new Chanel bags out there!!!

I was dissapointed with my caviar Maxi purchased 4 months ago. The thread is now coming loose on one of the straps.

I hear you... when one spends 2K and up for a bag, you do not expect any flaws. It is also perfectly reasonable!

I was dissapointed with my caviar Maxi purchased 4 months ago. The thread is now coming loose on one of the straps.

I hear you... when one spends 2K and up for a bag, you do not expect any flaws. It is also perfectly reasonable!

EXACT same thing happened to my black caviar maxi and I was freaking out! Thankfully, my SA took full responsibility and got it fixed. She offered me an exchange but didn't have it in stock which meant I would have to wait OR she could get it stitched up. I opted for the stitching.

So, I know what you mean - really, spending so much money things should be perfect but I guess things do go wrong and for me, so long as the SA steps up and fixes it, then I'm ok with that.