African American Rhinoplasty

Feb 15, 2011
Hi, I just wanted to know if there is a thread on African American Rhinoplasty? I searched but didn't see one. If there isn't, I guess that I will start one right here...

I am looking into getting rhinoplasty sometime this year. I am not 100% sure yet, it depends on how my consultations go and if I find a doctor that I feel can understand me, my face, and give me my desired outcome.

I really want a doctor that understands African American features. I have a flat nose (no bridge) and a bulbous tip. I actually just want my nose to be more balanced with my face, while still keeping in mind my ethnicity.

For some reason African American rhinoplasty has become more popular but is still so hush hush. Does anyone here have any experience or information that they would be willing to share?

Reactions: Henryhj
Raj Kanodia is the nose guy in Los Angeles..has been for years.
I believe he did Halle Berry..
I just google it, and he is rumored to have work on her..
but who knows for sure.

Hi, I just wanted to know if there is a thread on African American Rhinoplasty? I searched but didn't see one. If there isn't, I guess that I will start one right here...

I am looking into getting rhinoplasty sometime this year. I am not 100% sure yet, it depends on how my consultations go and if I find a doctor that I feel can understand me, my face, and give me my desired outcome.

I really want a doctor that understands African American features. I have a flat nose (no bridge) and a bulbous tip. I actually just want my nose to be more balanced with my face, while still keeping in mind my ethnicity.

For some reason African American rhinoplasty has become more popular but is still so hush hush. Does anyone here have any experience or information that they would be willing to share?
Dr Sam S Rizk in NYC

The doctor's name is too long , however, his website is africanamericanrhinoplast.com. His first name is Oleh and last name starts with an S.

I've been looking for a good AA rhinoplasty surgeon for a long time. Too many pics I see are the nip, triangle nostrils and stout overly sloped tip. I Honestly am seriously thinking about just heading to South Korea for plastic surgery. The technology over there is great and they provide some procedures I would like to get done but that hardly any doctor in the us seems to do. I don't think asian features and african features differ that much in terms of nasal width and projection so it should be fine. Has anyone else considered going to S. Korea for plastic surgery?

I've been looking for a good AA rhinoplasty surgeon for a long time. Too many pics I see are the nip, triangle nostrils and stout overly sloped tip. I Honestly am seriously thinking about just heading to South Korea for plastic surgery. The technology over there is great and they provide some procedures I would like to get done but that hardly any doctor in the us seems to do. I don't think asian features and african features differ that much in terms of nasal width and projection so it should be fine. Has anyone else considered going to S. Korea for plastic surgery?

I'm so interested in going to korea for rhino and another procedure. I'm usually just a lurker on this forum but I was so excited to see another possible African American interested in going to korea, I couldn't help posting. Have you looked into any of the korean clinics?

I'm so interested in going to korea for rhino and another procedure. I'm usually just a lurker on this forum but I was so excited to see another possible African American interested in going to korea, I couldn't help posting. Have you looked into any of the korean clinics?

Yeah, I've looked into a good amount of clinics. I'm interested in the ones that locals go to and from what I've found, Chungdam U seems pretty good but I'm also interested in Dr. Hong's aesthetic clinic; I haven't heard too much about them on the forums, but it seems to be a very good clinic that locals go to that provide good results. If you don't mind me asking; what procedures would you like to get done? I'm thinking of forehead augmentation, tip-plasty, and hair transplant or hairline lowering also maybe some fat grafting. I have this vision in my head of how I want to look and I think these changes would make that happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've looked into a good amount of clinics. I'm interested in the ones that locals go to and from what I've found, Chungdam U seems pretty good but I'm also interested in Dr. Hong's aesthetic clinic; I haven't heard too much about them on the forums, but it seems to be a very good clinic that locals go to that provide good results. If you don't mind me asking; what procedures would you like to get done? I'm thinking of forehead augmentation, tip-plasty, and hair transplant or hairline lowering also maybe some fat grafting. I have this vision in my head of how I want to look and I think these changes would make that happen.

I'm interested in two jaw surgery and rhino (tiplasty and maybe alar if necessary). I've been searching for clinics but each time I think I found one I hear about a botched job, lol. I'm interested in hairline lowering but that would be for another trip. When I go to korea I plan to stay for a while, so I want to also try out their skin clinics. I heard you can't beat them.

I'm interested in two jaw surgery and rhino (tiplasty and maybe alar if necessary). I've been searching for clinics but each time I think I found one I hear about a botched job, lol. I'm interested in hairline lowering but that would be for another trip. When I go to korea I plan to stay for a while, so I want to also try out their skin clinics. I heard you can't beat them.

Awesome! It has been great talking to you! Finally someone else who is AA and not afraid to stay NO to the MJ jobs that other surgeons advertise!

I haven't heard about any botched jobs yet from Chungdam or Dr. Hong's but that's because you don't really hear much about them in general LOL. I'm also interested in skin treatments and I saw that Chungdam U has TRM laser for the skin; awesome brightening/whitening (if you're into that) and pore-minimizing from the results I've seen.

I'm planning on doing just one big trip, unless I can get some sort of teaching job there when I graduate Uni. If I can get a teaching job, I'll do the surgeries one at a time and do more of a "this clinic specializes in..." sort of thing, so I can get the best results. But if I go just once, I'll probably stay upwards of a month-month and a half and I want a clinic that's just really good overall. My biggest concern would be whether I can get tip-plasty/alar reduction AND forehead augmentation at the same time because I would prefer fat-grafting for the forehead and under eye area but I'm not sure if bandages from Rhino would impede on that.

Two Jaw...wow, I heard that's really painful. I'm honestly looking at/into it but I think the after pictures look like the shape of my jaw now...And I might end up getting alar reduction also, depends. For you're Rhino, are you looking for silicon, gortex or rib? I heard rib was the most natural looking along with the safest but the cost is just out of this world! Without rib and with gortex I'm looking at around $12k:sweatdrop:

I just need to start saving. I'm trying to do it before 2015 :roflmfao:.

There is a girl on here who went to Chungdam and has some B&A pics of others who have gone. If you use the search button, you'll probably find her post.

Awesome! It has been great talking to you! Finally someone else who is AA and not afraid to stay NO to the MJ jobs that other surgeons advertise!

I haven't heard about any botched jobs yet from Chungdam or Dr. Hong's but that's because you don't really hear much about them in general LOL. I'm also interested in skin treatments and I saw that Chungdam U has TRM laser for the skin; awesome brightening/whitening (if you're into that) and pore-minimizing from the results I've seen.

I'm planning on doing just one big trip, unless I can get some sort of teaching job there when I graduate Uni. If I can get a teaching job, I'll do the surgeries one at a time and do more of a "this clinic specializes in..." sort of thing, so I can get the best results. But if I go just once, I'll probably stay upwards of a month-month and a half and I want a clinic that's just really good overall. My biggest concern would be whether I can get tip-plasty/alar reduction AND forehead augmentation at the same time because I would prefer fat-grafting for the forehead and under eye area but I'm not sure if bandages from Rhino would impede on that.

Two Jaw...wow, I heard that's really painful. I'm honestly looking at/into it but I think the after pictures look like the shape of my jaw now...And I might end up getting alar reduction also, depends. For you're Rhino, are you looking for silicon, gortex or rib? I heard rib was the most natural looking along with the safest but the cost is just out of this world! Without rib and with gortex I'm looking at around $12k:sweatdrop:

I just need to start saving. I'm trying to do it before 2015 :roflmfao:.

There is a girl on here who went to Chungdam and has some B&A pics of others who have gone. If you use the search button, you'll probably find her post.

I have a protruding mouth so I need two jaw! I can't go until February of 2016 but I want to stay for a month in a half to two months. I'll have to check in to chungdum u- I only want to use cartilage. I'm too afraid of silicone, gortex or having part of my rib removed. Go figure since I want two jaw, lol.

I'd love to be able to stay in korea and learn the language. That'd be awesome if you could work there!

I wish we were going around the same time. I'm looking for a travel buddy since it would be scary going alone.

I have a protruding mouth so I need two jaw! I can't go until February of 2016 but I want to stay for a month in a half to two months. I'll have to check in to chungdum u- I only want to use cartilage. I'm too afraid of silicone, gortex or having part of my rib removed. Go figure since I want two jaw, lol.

I'd love to be able to stay in korea and learn the language. That'd be awesome if you could work there!

I wish we were going around the same time. I'm looking for a travel buddy since it would be scary going alone.

Hey, maybe I could push mine back to 2016 so we could potentially go together which would actually be a good time since I plan to head to law school in 2016-2017 and I mainly want to look good for then and after! I can save more money too.

And if I do get a teaching job, even though we have never met, feel free to bum with me at my place and we can go to some consultations together and help each other through recovery! I'm harmless ahahah and I would really like if someone in the same boat as me was with me. It'd be fine to go with asians but it's much more comforting when someone who looks like you is there also.

Cartilage sounds the best, you're right. I think it's the safest method and there is little to no chance of reabsorption. I think my list is longer but the things you want are definitely more serious. What clinics have you looked into already?