Afraid to use new LV purse!!

Potato, don't worry, I've had my Speedy 25 for over 18 YEARS and it's still going strong. I had all the leather replaced a few months ago and I completely expect it to last another 18 years. So just enjoy it!

I used to be like that. I still take VERY good care of my bags, but I try not to stress over it and enjoy them. You bought it to enjoy, not sit at home.....enjoy it!!! =)

I think that if you use it well and don't abuse it, it will only look better with time and use. You know, like an object that is truly loved and reflects the love put into it. But, being thrown around and trashed out is not good. Things age, that's life. It's how they age which is important. I've had my azur speedy 25 for almost a year, and it's aging beautifully and I adore her, careful with the vachetta, but she looks really really good. And, god forbid, if there is a horrible accident, like a water stain, LV will replace the vachetta. I'm actually going to get a repair on my Biscayne Bay from a pen mark. I wanted to die when that happened, but I quickly forgave myself because I was in the hospital going into surgery and things happen. I was stressed. So, i will take it into LV and get it repaired. No biggie.

Use your bags. Rotating them is an important tool. Happy Speedy 30!

I know exactly what you mean. I was like that with brand new bags, that is why now I buy it in like new or slightly used condition. I am still super careful when using LVs. I don't like the dark patina so I always carry it on my shoulders for it to turn colour evenly.

Believe it or not, I dropped my bag getting out of the car last week and the piping on my croissant pochetted looked quited nicked up but after a day or so, it sort of just disappeared now just showing a bit rubbing.

I am like that too but as time goes on I start to think why do I buy the bags if I never use them so that is why have used my neverfull more and when I get my Damier Speedy I will use it almost everyday. That being said though I have bought pouches to keep everything in so nothing marks the inside lol...

plus my friends make fun of me for NOT using the bags.

Enjoy your purse :smile:

Ha ha ha! I was like that when I got my black MC Trouville. I wouldn't even carry it with my bare hands - I pulled my sleeve down over my hand and carried it that way!!!

Now I'm a little more relaxed about it. I will even carry it in a light sprinkle, however, if it is pouring rain, I will carry an Epi bag instead. Also, I now carry it in my bare hands *gasp*, but I still won't put lotion on my hands right before carrying it.

wow! some of you guy's bags are so old! it's amazing to hear just how well they've held up. i (think) i'm gonna start using my bag now... because now that i think about it, i can always get the handles replaced if i need to. i think i am mostly worried about having an uneven patina. i don't want the middle to be darker than the rest.

i'm saving up for a neverfull pm now - that's the bag i had first and then exchanged my speedy for. maybe i should just sell my speedy and get the neverfull... it does have less vachetta on it. haha :P