Keepall 45 Club!

:biggrin: Absolutely not a personal item! :biggrin:
A personal item is defined by most airlines as a handbag or a computer bag or a bag of similar size. The Keepall 45 counts as a (smaller) carryon bag. Now, you might be able to get through as many airlines are lenient on longer flights with larger aircrafts and have different rules for Business/First passengers. I am sure in most cases, you would be fine. But it still does not make it right! Keep in mind that weight is an important component of carryon luggage allowance.
FYI: as someone who travels quite often, nothing drives me crazier than passengers who abuse carryon luggage rules. It adds up quickly and always ends up being a huge headache for the entire cabin. Don't be that person! ;)

I always felt that if it fits under the seat it's a personal item? I've never had to store it in the overhead and I don't fly first class. I've brought mine on at least 18 flights since buying it last September with no problems. I agree though that those that abuse the overhead space are annoying. I blame the airlines for that though.

Reactions: tmdblueyes
Hey all!
Last January I bought the amazing Keepall 45 bandouliere, of course for the purpose of using it for traveling.
I'm going to London in February and I am always SO afraid to use it, not in the plane but leaving it in the hotel.
Most hotels say your belongings are not insured by them when they get lost or whatever.
I am so afraid of a hotel keeper stealing my bag or maybe a break in to in my room.

Help?! how do you handle using your keepall or traveling bags while being afraid? Is there anything I can do about it?
I live in the Netherlands, so maybe insure my bag, any dutchies got tips?
Just tell me all!

Hi there!

I don't have any LV travelling bags myself, but I do travel with some items/bags that I am weary of taking with me for the exact same reasons so maybe I can give some insight into a similar situation?
I would definitely not be afraid of using the bag! You got it for that reason, so might as well put it to good use. Just be careful of your surroundings at all times and keep everything out of sight in the room, like in the cupboard or closet when you are not in the room. If you have another suitcase with you and the bag is collapsible I would put in the suitcase and lock that up and put it away. I tend to carry anything important with me at all times (makes my bag heavy!), but I would get a feel of the situation when you arrive and judge whether or not you should leave it. Most of the time, it's fine, but trust your gut feeling cause it's usually right.

Good luck! Hope to see some pictures of your bag during your travels.

Hi there!

I don't have any LV travelling bags myself, but I do travel with some items/bags that I am weary of taking with me for the exact same reasons so maybe I can give some insight into a similar situation?
I would definitely not be afraid of using the bag! You got it for that reason, so might as well put it to good use. Just be careful of your surroundings at all times and keep everything out of sight in the room, like in the cupboard or closet when you are not in the room. If you have another suitcase with you and the bag is collapsible I would put in the suitcase and lock that up and put it away. I tend to carry anything important with me at all times (makes my bag heavy!), but I would get a feel of the situation when you arrive and judge whether or not you should leave it. Most of the time, it's fine, but trust your gut feeling cause it's usually right.

Good luck! Hope to see some pictures of your bag during your travels.
I think this is the best advice :yes: This is what I do with my smaller LV bags that don't fit in that teeny tiny safe :yes:

If you are too afraid, take it with you when going out. When not full, it just feels like a large handbag, I am 5"11, and I use it as an everyday bag.
But if this is not an option, I think it depends on the hotel. To quote Mr Michael Tonello from 'Bringing home the Birkin': he needed top-notch security, so he booked into the finest hotels in town.

Reactions: prepster
Well you should be getting travel insurance regardless of having an expensive bag with you or not... So just check the policy and make sure it would cover the cost of your bag should anything happen. Chances are slim though. My husband and I travel around with his keepall all the time and don't think twice about it.

Hey all!
Last January I bought the amazing Keepall 45 bandouliere, of course for the purpose of using it for traveling.
I'm going to London in February and I am always SO afraid to use it, not in the plane but leaving it in the hotel.
Most hotels say your belongings are not insured by them when they get lost or whatever.
I am so afraid of a hotel keeper stealing my bag or maybe a break in to in my room.

Help?! how do you handle using your keepall or traveling bags while being afraid? Is there anything I can do about it?
I live in the Netherlands, so maybe insure my bag, any dutchies got tips?
Just tell me all!
It never hurts to enquire about the hotel's insurance policies in advance as well as seeing if they offer in-room security safes. When travelling I will often collapse my NF, the same will apply for my Keepall now, and either store it inside of the safe or lock it inside of my rolling suitcase.

I wouldn´t worry so much that staff would steal something out of your hotel room in London. I have been to London so many times and left all my stuff in the room without even thinking about it. And nothing ever happened.
But in any case I agree that you can put it in a suitcase and lock it up, to feel safer :smile: .