Afraid to return because of "the letter"

kybaglady

Jun 14, 2009
I keep hearing about people (who are not resellers) getting flagged because of too many returns. I have returned several bags over the past year (I think 3 or 4). Two of those were in the last six weeks (one because I decided it was too small, it was a swingpack, and the other because I found a bag there that I liked better and did an exchange).

But, I have two bags (the groovy in gray leather and poppy spotlight in black sig) that I am considering returning. I love the groovy, but the gray just isn't doing it for me. I like the size of the poppy spotlight but am not liking the handles much. I didn't realize when I bought it that the longer strap wasn't completely detachable (has dog clip on one side only).

Anyway, now I am afraid to return them because I am afraid so many returns will flag me as a reseller. Uggh. Has anyone else been worried like me, or am I just a worry wart? I have never bought or sold any Coach stuff on the bay or other sites, but am actually considering it as an alternative to returning so that I don't get flagged. How crazy is that???

HI,
don't be afraid to return!!! You have a right to change your mind!!! I have bought and returned! I am not a reseller just very complusive and indecisive!!! LOL
Personally, I am not one to spend hours at a store and debate about a bag and put my stuff in it. I usually buy it and take it home and then try my things in it! I have a few bags in my closet right now~ (tags on of course! ) That I am debating on!!!
Don't be afraid of "the letter"! If you aren't happy return your bag and get one that you like!!!!

Good Luck!!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I have returned alot of bags at Dillard's & Macy's. I am like the pp, I like to take them home & try them out. I too am impulsive but if I'm going to spend alot of $$ I want it to be the right bag. I would think they only flag resellers if you buy in large quantities?

If your not satisfied with the bag don't be afraid to return it! I think the best thing to do is take the bag home, try it out, see if you like it. Don't be afraid of returning! Good luck!

I think if "THE LETTER" exists, it's more targeted to those people who buys $2000 / trip. Not for the people who returns.

Everytime I go to the outlet, I usually buy 2-5 items including fobs etc... then I normally return 1-2 from the previous trip.
I have been doing this as far as I remember and I don't think they will give me "THE LETTER" :smile:

Go ahead and return it. Don't worry!

Let's just say that although not exactly the same, my experience is closer to coachbun's than the OP's, and no letter as of this writing *knocks on wood*
I keep WAY more than I return/exchange, and I ALWAYS return/exchange with the original receipt.

I don't see how returning things can flag a person as a reseller. Resellers don't return anything - they buy a bunch of bags at the outlet, often several of the same item.

Unless you're talking about the other "ban" from Coach that I've heard about - that if a person constantly buys & returns, Coach will flag them because if they return everything they buy, then Coach is not a good fit for that person. Can't remember where I read that, though.

people here buy and return and exchange all the time so no worries!!

resellers letter is when you buy too much
no refunds is when you return too much without a receipt

in regards to the outlets I don't know specifically but a lot here shops at outlets and buy/return more then you listed--and they have not been given the letter

a lot of it, is fear that generates fear

I don't think 3-4 returns a year is bad at all..ESP if you are a coach fanatic

i buy and return all the time. my outlet does not get in a lot of the special/limited edition bags and those are usually the ones i go for so i order 95% of my stuff sight unseen. so far i've had no issues at all but i am on top of my receipts at all times. i've never returned anything there without my original receipt. don't be afraid to return.

Nahhh. I exchange alot...with original tags & receipt ofcourse!!! I have a 1.5 hour drive ea way so what I take home that I decide against goes back on the next trip without exception.

I would hope you don't have anything to worry about or I DO TOO!!! LOL

My SA always tells me I can always return them if I change my mind and believe me I have changes my mind more then 2 or 3 times but I always walk out of there with another purchase....so don't worry if you don't like them or they don't work for you just return them