Afraid to get screwed over during the holidays

Nov 30, 2010
I placed my speedy 35 on ebay to be sold. I issued a refund return policy within 7 days and that stipulated authenticity concerns only but apparently it wasn't clear in the listing and now she wants to return it. How do I know that she wont do a switcheroo(lol) on me, and what ways can I protect myself and my buyer rights. I really don't want to issue a return. What do I do people? thanks everybody.

Hello,

You have to accept the return if the seller opens a dispute. You just need to be safe and cover your bases. Inform the buyer that you will accept the return, as long as it is returned in the same condition that it was received in. Tell them to ship the item with insurance and signature confirmation. When you receive the package, make sure to make the postmaster wait while you open the package and confirm that it is indeed your bag in the box. Either way, ebay says to accept the package but get the postmasters information (so it is a third party that watched you open the package and saw what was in it--like an elmo bag or box of rocks) so it helps with your claim. If you refuse the package, it goes back to the buyer and paypal will still refund them and you have no grounds to get your bag or money back. This is what I have heard. Good luck!

If you have the box checked that states "No returns" then ebay may find in your favor if the buyer files a snad and if you have alot of photos and are very specific in your listing describing any issues with the bag.

Not that they will because usually they rule in favor of the buyer as long as they return it.

Did you have a security tag or mark on your bag?