Jan 11, 2010

Music News

entimg.msn.com/i/ms/RssIcon.gif

entimg.msn.com/i/ap/2202005/tyler_150.jpg © Retna UK
Steven Tyler
More photos

Tyler's lawyers aim to halt Aerosmith auditions
Feb. 1, 2010, 9:21 AM EST
WENN -- Lawyers representing Steven Tyler have contacted Aerosmith's manager threatening legal action unless the band halts auditions for a replacement singer.
Guitarist Joe Perry recently revealed the musicians are looking to replace the rocker while he takes a hiatus to recover from a recent stint in rehab -- insisting they want to continue with plans for a new tour and album without the frontman.
Several stars have been linked to the role, including Lenny Kravitz and Billy Idol, but now an attorney representing Tyler has come forward in a bid to protect his client's place in the group.
In a letter to Aerosmith manager Howard Kaufman, Tyler's Los Angeles-based lawyer Skip Miller urges the band to "immediately cease and desist from engaging in acts and conduct to the harm and detriment of your own client, Aerosmith, and our client who is one of its members."
The note, obtained by Billboard.com, also states that "we reserve all of our legal rights and remedies in this matter, including, without limitation, pursuing legal action for damages and other appropriate relief."
In a subsequent interview with the website, Miller insists Tyler does not want to take legal action against his bandmates -- he just wants to maintain his place in the group.
Miller says, "Steven Tyler does not want lawsuits. We do not want to go in that direction. The direction we want is Aerosmith, with Steven Tyler, touring in Europe, touring Latin America, releasing a new album. ... This is the direction it's all intended to go. It's just amazing to me current management would be taking any other position."
Miller has demanded a meeting of Aerosmith's "shareholders" on Feb. 9 to discuss the band's future.

Im just wondering what you all are thinking about this news story? To me their isnt an Aerosmith without Steven Tyler...I wonder what their going to do about this situation.

They all need to get a grip. They're great musicians, but if an alcohol/drug problem is in the mix I don't blame the band for wanting to replace him... although I think a 'replacement' wouldn't even compare to Steven Tyler.

They all need to get a grip. They're great musicians, but if an alcohol/drug problem is in the mix I don't blame the band for wanting to replace him... although I think a 'replacement' wouldn't even compare to Steven Tyler.

Oh I hear you. And wholeheartedly agree 100%....Thanks so much for your comment. I was wondering if others out there were feeling the same as myself. This is one of my all time favorites....

Dream On

Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isnt that the way
Everybodys got their dues in life to pay

I know what nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know its everybodys sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life is in books written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know its true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away
(x2)

Dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream until your dream come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on...

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tears
Sing with me, if its just for today
Maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away

This is what I was gonna say. I wouldn't wanna see them in concert without Tyler. Nobody else has that voice!

Exactamundo!!! Thank you....:smile: My husband feels very strongly about this subject too. His thoughts are that this story reminds him of when David Lee Roth left Van Halen. And their were two guys that replaced him. One was Sammy Hagar. He does NOT like Hagar all that much. He says it sounded different after he took over. The other one was Gary Cherone. He says he hasnt listened to the "one" album that he performed on. But alot of people didnt like it!!!He performed on Van Halen 111 not the third album.

It's a lot harder to replace the lead singer than one of the other band members. So many groups have tried and failed---Queen, INXS, Van Halen (goes through lead singers like kleenex) immediately come to mind. Doobie Brothers is one of the few that had hits with different leads.

From what I've been reading Joe Perry is fed up with Steven Tyler's repeated rehabs after injuries from physical stuff he shouldn't be doing--just what I've read from Perry's statements. He and the band want to keep working, but will they even sell tickets to a tour without Steven Tyler???

I'm a big fan of Aerosmith and hope they can settle this without damaging the band.

It's a lot harder to replace the lead singer than one of the other band members. So many groups have tried and failed---Queen, INXS, Van Halen (goes through lead singers like kleenex) immediately come to mind. Doobie Brothers is one of the few that had hits with different leads.

From what I've been reading Joe Perry is fed up with Steven Tyler's repeated rehabs after injuries from physical stuff he shouldn't be doing--just what I've read from Perry's statements. He and the band want to keep working, but will they even sell tickets to a tour without Steven Tyler???

I'm a big fan of Aerosmith and hope they can settle this without damaging the band.

Thank you for your comments.

Angel is one of mine.

You're the reason I live
You're the reason I die
You're the reason I give
When I break down and cry
Don't need no reason why

Mine too. LOL!

Angel

I'm alone
Yeah, I don't know if I can face the night
I'm in tears and the cryin' that I do is for you