Advise please. Which 10+10 vintage motif alhambra necklace combination makes the nicest 20

M'sian@Hermes

Exotic Dreams
O.G.
Oct 7, 2007
Dear Ladies,

Love, love, love all your pieces and thank you so much for the action shots. They are so inspiring. I am now ready to make my first plunge into the VCA world. I have a budget for a 20 motif vintage Alhambra piece and based on the advise by the lovely ladies of this forum, I understand it is best to have a 10+10 motif to get the best 'play' with the necklaces.

So my question is which 10+10 makes the best looking 20 motif?

Onyx and MOP or Onyx and YG or Onyx and Carnelian? As you can see... I love onyx and would like one of the 10 to be onyx but am open to the other 10 being any other stone as they are all so beautiful but would like them to look nice if combined together into a 20 motif long chain. Your kind advise on this is much appreciated, and if there are any action shots, it would be lovely!!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but hope you can indulge a girl with a budget and hoping to get the biggest bang out of her bucks.:graucho: Thank you!

How exciting to be purchasing your first piece of VCA! I remember like yesterday my first piece (YG single motif turquoise) and from there it is a slippery slope (just a warning). My personal opinion on a "first piece" of VCA especially if you want a vintage alhambra piece is to get 2 tens in the same stone. Unless of course if you would like to wear the ten motive alone all the time and therefore get two different stones. I personally do not mix my tens using two colored stones into a 20 motif. I think it looks amazing to mix two colors and wear them as a short necklace- for example I have worn my 20 malachite doubled (it is a 20) and mixed it with my 10 motif YG and it looks great. I hope this makes sense. Again it is just my opinion and someone else may think it is great to mix two colored 10's and wear it as a long 20 motif! For you first stone(s) to pick.....I would look at mother of pearl or black onyx as a great neutral start to your collection! It would be fun to get a 10 motif MOP and a ten motif Onyx. Do you want to go with white gold or yellow gold?
Good Luck!

I agree, get the 2 tens in the same stone. It's more elegant to wear it long in the same uniformed stone.
I got 2 tens MOP and subsequently got another strand of 10 motifs malachite to make things more whimsical.
If you have a preference for onyx, get them both in 2 tens.

How exciting to be purchasing your first piece of VCA! I remember like yesterday my first piece (YG single motif turquoise) and from there it is a slippery slope (just a warning). My personal opinion on a "first piece" of VCA especially if you want a vintage alhambra piece is to get 2 tens in the same stone. Unless of course if you would like to wear the ten motive alone all the time and therefore get two different stones. I personally do not mix my tens using two colored stones into a 20 motif. I think it looks amazing to mix two colors and wear them as a short necklace- for example I have worn my 20 malachite doubled (it is a 20) and mixed it with my 10 motif YG and it looks great. I hope this makes sense. Again it is just my opinion and someone else may think it is great to mix two colored 10's and wear it as a long 20 motif! For you first stone(s) to pick.....I would look at mother of pearl or black onyx as a great neutral start to your collection! It would be fun to get a 10 motif MOP and a ten motif Onyx. Do you want to go with white gold or yellow gold?
Good Luck!
Thank you Kimber418. You make great sense! Thinking of yellow gold for both...

Reactions: kimber418