Advise needed!!

kbcrew

O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
About 2 weeks ago I purchased the old medium size boy bag in color "dark orange". I fell in love with the bag and color, but after having it for a few days (never worn it) I'm having 2nd thoughts on it ...thinking did I do the right thing in settling for this color instead of getting it in black which is what I originally wanted. Also contemplating if this the right bag for me I'm a SAHM with a toddler and another on the way ....is this bag too cool and edgy for my very casual life style? Should I just go a whole other way and go for the classic mini flap which is more of a classic understated bag? Or am I being crazy for returning a boy bag since they are in such high demand right now ? Please help!
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412840282.368311.jpg

SunBunny

Shopaholic
Jul 16, 2012
California
This boy is beautiful, but if it doesn't make your heart flutter you should return it and get something you love. The color is gorgeous for someone who is looking for this exact color, otherwise get something that will suit your style and you can see yourself loving years from now. I don't think this bag is too edgy for a casual lifestyle...at all! I think it has a great balance between being chic and being edgy.

With that said, I know how you feel because with Chanel, it's BUY NOW, THINK LATER :biggrin: since the bags can be difficult to find. It's good you are taking the time to really think about it and not rush into a decision to return it. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

sweetpea33

Oct 18, 2013
I think a boy would suit your lifestyle better than classic flaps or minis. I have kids too , though not as young as yours. Mini would be too small, classic flap too formal. Boy is just nice for a casual lifestyle. Good luck!

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
Um. Just putting it out there, but flaps and boy bags are really hard to carry when you are a mum with young kids/babies. You won't get a lot of use out of a bag like that, compared to say, a tote - where you can fit all their stuff plus your stuff.

If you haven't used it, and you don't think you will, return it. And consider buying a tote or more practical bag. Buy a flap when your "babies" are a bit older, and you can have a handbag without risk of sticky fingers, milk spills etc.

MASEML

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
Agree with the above post. Also, issue with the boy is that it isn't cross body...could get annoying over time if you are constantly adjusting it on your shoulder.

Beautiful bag though!

I think a mini will be too small for your needs unless you also intend to carry a tote/diaper bag.

r_tiff2326

Dec 7, 2013
Singapore
Any modeling pictures?

The bag looks pretty n unique.
And it's caviar, more durable!
I feel boys are more laid back n casual IMO

But if you feel otherwise better to return it. ��

Chanbal

Aug 18, 2012
World citizen
I agree with the above, this color makes your boy more unique. Unfortunately, it seems the boy is a hit on the 'replica' market, but mostly in black. So this color is an advantage IMO.

A WOC is practical with toddlers, you could add one to your beautiful boy purse.

missdicaprio

Jul 1, 2013
USA
If you bought this one because they didn't have the color you wanter, then you're "settling" like you mentioned.. Don't settle for something because it's "close enough". Like others mentioned if you don't feel you truly love it, don't keep it.. Boys are gorgeous, but it seems you're not 100% sure you like the color. Good luck!

kbcrew

O.G.
Oct 1, 2007
Thank you all for your great advises :smile:
Whichever bag I decide on I will be wearing it crossbody and with my things in it (kid's things will go in separate bag). It's such a tough decision especially knowing how hard it is to track down these bags :/

jen1801

O.G.
Mar 15, 2010
I personally think you should keep it it looks so nice on you! I also saw this color in person and its a hue of brownish-orange that can def be used as a neutral. Also the price is increasing so I say keep the boy :smile:

Jun 23, 2010
NYC
I think it's a gorgeous, unique color. That being said, I agree with the other posters, you shouldn't settle if this isn't the bag you want!