Advise needed: Diamond huggie earrings

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
I saw a pair of diamond huggie earrings. Total diamond weight is 1.50ct, 30 G VS1 diamonds, 15 on each sides. It's a 3-row 5 diamonds per row. Classic looking piece. Total gold weight is about 9 gms, 18K. Retail is approx USD6.5k, on 50% discount now. Need advise if it is the right market price.

I am looking for classics that will lasts forever, I can wear them when I'm in my 60s and yet I can pass them.

Thank you ladies....:smile:

Diamond_girl

Jan 10, 2013
I saw a pair of diamond huggie earrings. Total diamond weight is 1.50ct, 30 G VS1 diamonds, 15 on each sides. It's a 3-row 5 diamonds per row. Classic looking piece. Total gold weight is about 9 gms, 18K. Retail is approx USD6.5k, on 50% discount now. Need advise if it is the right market price.

I am looking for classics that will lasts forever, I can wear them when I'm in my 60s and yet I can pass them.

Thank you ladies....:smile:
Given all the specs you said on the earrings are correct, they should run about 2500-3000 max, anything over that is overpriced

PeacefulMommy

Nov 14, 2012
Florida, USA
I have to agree with Diamond_girl. The earrings you are considering are over-priced.

Taking into account the specs that you have provided, they are average huggie-type diamond earrings and should cost around 2,000 to 3,000... depending on the retailer and their mark-up. Unless it is a designer brand and you're paying mostly for the name, $6.5k USD is far too expensive for earrings of that quality/size.

labrillant

Sep 11, 2010
I agree with the others. The price is jacked up to allow for the 50% discount, and even with the discount, they're still a tad overpriced. When I see jewelers do that, I wonder what else they're dishonest about, and they lose my business.

Myrkur

Góðan Daginn
Jun 9, 2011
Wow iff that's already is overpriced then Tiffany's is 300% overpriced or something

gahk

Mar 5, 2011
Can you show us some pictures? If the pair you're looking for is from luxurious brands such as BVLGARI, VCA, Tiffany, De BEERS, etc. I see why it is priced high. Let's start from see some images first.

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
I have 18k yellow gold, 3tcw "Quad" tm (little squares, invisible setting) huggies. G VS2. I paid around $3000. a few years ago. I paid more for the Quad brandname which is usually more expensive due to the intricacy of setting.
If your huggies are generic I would say they are overpriced...if they are a name brand, who knows.
A pic would help.