Advice...

Jennie

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
Hi everyone :worried:

I'm thinking about getting a tote bag, but I really don't know what I want. I want it to be big enough to carry my books, but small enough so I can possibly carry a purse too. I really like this bag but I think it's too trendy, I want something that I can keep using. I don't have a big budget, so I was thinking maybe a Coach?

costco is usually cheaper...sometimes by quite a bit. if you go to a bigger costco, you can find some really great deals and good selection...the bags are usually kept in those glass cases with the crystal collectables, vases, and hummel figureines...usually near the jewlery.

i like kate spade nylon a lot for an everyday beat around tote. it is SUPER durable for the price.

there are a lot of places now that will make a custom tote for you. bare basics like lands end to www.1154lill.com where you can really mix and match. if you don't spend too much, you won't feel too bad about only using it for a season.

For quality bags that are reasonably priced, you might wish to take a look at Tignanello bags - all just over $100 or under $100.

Lots of reviews from customers - if you have time, you might wish to check them out.

Pics off ebags:

Tommy Hilfiger has some great stripy totes and I really like this one from Juicy Couture (450$)
15000_index.jpg

AND i absolutely live this Marc Jacobs bag (650$)
12751_index.jpg