Advice?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need some advice. I've been reading on here about the Rebecca Minkoff bags and from all the glowing descriptions, it's exactly the kind of bag I'm looking for.

I bought this: http://www.bonanza.com/booths/vannababe69/items/21203364

I put the offer in on I think 9/30, and the seller told me she was trying to negotiate a trade, but if that didn't come through, she'd accept my offer. I was notified on 10/1 that my offer had been accepted, along with a note to "pay asap". I messaged her after paying about shipment and she told me she was going to be away until 10/5 and planned on shipping 10/6. I have not received any information about shipment from paypal or bonanza, and messaged her earlier today about the status of the package. I've never purchased from Bonanza before, but I should get some kind of status update from paypal, right?:wondering

Thanks so much && sorry again if this is in the wrong place...

2. if she shipped direct from paypal, then yes - you would get a shipping notification. but if she just took it to the post office, then no. hopefully it's on it's way & you have a nice, new MAC soon... :biggrin:

3. You would only get an update from paypal if she printed the label from paypal, but if she took it to the PO then, no.
    There is an option on Bonanzle to mark as shipped and add a tracking number, but not everyone uses that. I would message her again and ask for an update.

4. Echoing what has already been posted about shipping via paypal vs directly via the post office, however the seller should be communicating with you promptly, and I would stay on top of that. Hopefully your MAC has been shipped, or will ship very soon.

5. Thanks for the positive thoughts, but unfortunately, I think I've been scammed. I messaged her again yesterday afternoon, and then I googled her. This is what I found:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy-sell-trade/208268-iphone-4-sale.html

She apparently "sold" someone on that forum items and then, after communicating well, stopped messaging them back after she received payment, and the items were never received.

I called paypal and opened a claim, and she messaged me last night telling me it had been a "weird week" and that she needed my mailing address (even though it was supposed to have been sent on Wednesday).

What is so frustrating about this is that there are always those few shady sellers who make it so much more difficult for honest, reputable people by pulling stunts like this.

6. That is too bad. Also she should not need your address, it is in paypal! Keep the claim open, do not be pressured to close it, unless you finally receive your bag in the described condition.

Sorry this has happened to you.

7. I agree 100% with Besa!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please keep us posted.

8. Yes that is very unfortunate, But thank you for letting us know. That seller was asking for me to hold one of my bags for her. Phew! You saved me a lot of stress. :hugs:

9. I KNOW! I couldn't believe it! I just called PayPal about it, and apparently there's nothing they can do about that. :sad:

10. WOW!!! That's about all I can say! I really can not believe the nerve of some ppl! Maybe you could report it to ebay...? Not sure if they would or could do anything either! It's sad knowing that someone else will more than likely once again fall prey to this person. I am so sorry msspooky, it's really a shame that there are always a few bad apples that have to ruin things for the rest of us!

11. always check this site for history on ebay:

toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

really will not help with this seller, seems to be new or have a new ebay id

and please do go and post your problem on the ebay forum, they really can tell you what steps to take to get your money back

12. ^^ there was a banned tpf member with about the same username - do a search! :shocked: she had an ebay account too, with horrid feedback. not sure if i'm allowed to post it though since i can't be 100% sure its her (but same name and location)

13. I emailed Bonanza about the situation and they sent me a message back saying she's been removed from selling on there, but if this person changes their name, can't they just activate another account and continue scamming? And is the same true for here? Can't she just use a different email address and create a new account?