Advice?

storey

Feb 20, 2019
Hello all,

In March, 2019, I visited London to purchase a Chanel bag and see Hamilton. It was a trip of a lifetime. I purchased a black, lambskin, jumbo double flap with gold hardware. The price was 4,800 GBP.

I love my bag so, so much... but, I was/am new to luxury handbags. I am so afraid to damage my bag while carrying it, that I leave it home 99% of the time. I only use it for very special occasions and my fear of damaging it is so great that it interferes with my enjoyment.

Do you know of any way to perhaps trade my exact lambskin bag for caviar?

Hmm... another thought... I believe that Chanel can repair bags (I may be wrong...) but... if the lambskin is scratched, can it be repaired or buffed out?

I guess I honestly don't think the possibility exists, but if anyone would know, someone here will!

I just... so... so... much.. wish.... that I had purchased caviar.

Thanks so much,

storey

If you think you will always want caviar, you should sell your bag now before it gets any significant wear, then buy the caviar instead. It will be an expensive "upgrade" but IMO that is better than either letting a bag sit on your shelf for fear of wear or being sad as the lambskin takes on wear & tear.

If you are not looking to upgrade (which I understand - the prices have skyrocketed since you purchased), I would say just embrace the scratches! Check out vintage lambskin flaps on the resale market, so many of them are still beautiful despite what I would imagine is significant use!

Sounds like you want the caviar over the lambskin. I would try to sell the lamb bag and put it towards buying a new caviar. Personally, if I have a regret or a specific thing I want, I think about it until I get it and I don't have purse peace.

Hello all,

In March, 2019, I visited London to purchase a Chanel bag and see Hamilton. It was a trip of a lifetime. I purchased a black, lambskin, jumbo double flap with gold hardware. The price was 4,800 GBP.

I love my bag so, so much... but, I was/am new to luxury handbags. I am so afraid to damage my bag while carrying it, that I leave it home 99% of the time. I only use it for very special occasions and my fear of damaging it is so great that it interferes with my enjoyment.

Do you know of any way to perhaps trade my exact lambskin bag for caviar?

Hmm... another thought... I believe that Chanel can repair bags (I may be wrong...) but... if the lambskin is scratched, can it be repaired or buffed out?

I guess I honestly don't think the possibility exists, but if anyone would know, someone here will!

I just... so... so... much.. wish.... that I had purchased caviar.

Thanks so much,

storey
Your only option is to sell your bag and buy the one you want. Changing your mind 2 years later doesn’t merit a “trade.” The bag is used, even if it’s barely used, it’s used, it’s not brand new. As for buffing scratches, I’m not sure about that service but unlikely- they only do repairs for more serious issues with quality or hardware, not basic lambskin wear and tear.

sell your bag on any of the various online avenues and get the one you want.

Reactions: Elle07
Lamb is perfection! It’s not as delicate as it feels, enjoy it! Minor scuffs are easily buffed out with your fingertip!
I have a lamb woc that’s traveled the world, been in rain, carried to concerts, etc… and it’s still perfect!

This is for me a very interesting discussion. I also buy only caviar (but I have only two) because I am afraid of lambskin. I saw a YouTube video from a girl who bought a bag in grey lambskin. She said she used it only 3 months and she showed significant demages on the corners of the bag...i intend to buy again a cf and if it comes in the "right" color I would also try lambskin.
But I think in your case it depends on what you really want. If you are too afraid to use it it makes not sense to keep it or an other option would be if you buy a bag in caviar (I don't know your budget - maybe you get one on the preloved market). Then you will see if you feel more confortable with the caviar one and sell later on the bag in lambskin?