advice: which consignment shop should i bring my items to sell - nyc?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I have a coach bag, coach french purse wallet and michael kors continental wallet that i'm looking to sell... can't be bothered with ebay right now, i just want to drop these items off at a consignment shop/thrift shop.

the coach bag is about 7 years old but in great great condition, purchased for $230 the coach wallet is about 5 years old and shows slight discoloration but is still in good condition, purchased for $125. the MK wallet is almost 2 years old and is still in very good condition, purchased for $138.

where in NYC do you recommend i bring these items? i tried to do some research on here about NYC consignment shops but most were for upscale items and i know these designers are much lower on the totem pole and the coach items are pretty old.

id really prefer it if anyone could suggest a place that will just give me money upfront for the stuff... i've literally had these items sitting in my closet for months and months... now i just want to get them out of here... with hopefully some cash in my hand :biggrin:

TIA, you guys rock!

2. Consignment stores here are soooo picky. I recommend Buffalo Exchange or Crossroads Trading Company. They will give you money up front. It's not much - about 30-35% of what they will sell it for. But it's better than nothing! I think both of these stores have locations on W. 26th St. So if one doesn't take them, try the other one!