Advice: Which bag?

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
Teal is one of my favorite colors and I'm torn between two teal bags: the Edie and the Taxi Tote 28.

I'm heading to FP today (they have both in stock) but wanted some opinions.

I have the Signature Edie and, although I know some don't, I really like the style a lot. Very comfortable to carry and a functional style for me.

I love the textured/saffiano-like leather on the Taxi Tote. My friend got this in black and I love how it looks. While I carry a fair amount of stuff especially with icky weather around the corner (umbrella, gloves, etc.), I'm concerned the 28 is too big for an everyday type of bag.

Considered the Crosby as well since it's so gorgeous, but it's a tad too small for me.

I know seeing them today will help me decide more than anything else, but I'd still love some thoughts/input. :smile:

Lol about the purple...I love purple, too. :smile: But it sounds like you love the teal taxi, so go with that one. :smile: The teal color this fall is gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the Edie style.

I'm not a tote girl, but I really like the Taxi tote. I liked it from reviews on here, and saw it in stores yesterday and really like the texture and shape. It's not super stiff and seems like it would wear well and be very versatile. I would decide if I wanted more of a tote style to carry "whatever" in and not feel like the bag was overburdened, or a handbag that could carry several things when you needed it but work for more formal occasions, too.

All that with a slight lean toward the Taxi tote since you already have an Edie and then you'd have more variety! :biggrin: Good luck in your decision!

Lol about the purple...I love purple, too. :smile: But it sounds like you love the teal taxi, so go with that one. :smile: The teal color this fall is gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the Edie style.

I'm not a tote girl, but I really like the Taxi tote. I liked it from reviews on here, and saw it in stores yesterday and really like the texture and shape. It's not super stiff and seems like it would wear well and be very versatile. I would decide if I wanted more of a tote style to carry "whatever" in and not feel like the bag was overburdened, or a handbag that could carry several things when you needed it but work for more formal occasions, too.

All that with a slight lean toward the Taxi tote since you already have an Edie and then you'd have more variety! :biggrin: Good luck in your decision!

Thank you, both! I'm leaning a bit more toward the Taxi Tote - seeing the size in person will be the key, I think. I know the Edie works well for me, but variety IS the spice of life. :smile:

I'll report back this afternoon - hopefully with a teal-tastic reveal. Or hey...maybe purple-licious. ;)

Just left the store. Both are great bags but Edie won my heart in the Teal.

But Taxi Tote in another color (maybe floral?) is going on the Christmas list. DH was with me...his concern was the thin straps, but I think they'd have been fine as long as I don't cart around bowling balls.

Will share pics when I get home, along with a cute little goodie I had to get. :smile:

Such a hard color to capture - these are showing more blue than the true color. Love it. :smile:

I know it's on the verge of sacrilegious to say so, but I actually prefer Edie to Phoebe. I find the straps more comfortable and it feels lighter to me.

My other goodie...the robot keychain! Had to get him. The store said they just put him out yesterday and that he's pretty popular.

Such a hard color to capture - these are showing more blue than the true color. Love it. :smile:

I know it's on the verge of sacrilegious to say so, but I actually prefer Edie to Phoebe. I find the straps more comfortable and it feels lighter to me.

My other goodie...the robot keychain! Had to get him. The store said they just put him out yesterday and that he's pretty popular.
Love that color! The robot is so stinkin' cute!!!