Advice wanted/needed please!!

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Hi everyone! So I wanted to get some advice. I am going on a trip to Hawaii next week (yay!). I am going with a friend and am flying to her first so we can fly to Hawaii together. Serendipitously I now have a job interview for a job I really want on the day in the town where I am flying to meet my friend (DH and I are trying to move back to my home town, hence the interview). Anyway, long story short, I will be interviewing right before the trip. I can only bring one bag. I had been planning on bringing my DE Neverfull to Hawaii, but now I am reconsidering because of the interview. I normally wouldn’t bring an LV to a job interview. The only other bag I had considered bringing was a seafoam colored kate spade purse, which I also don’t think is great for a job interview. Have any of you gals brought LV to an interview? The bag I bring to the interview is the bag I’ll be using for the next 2 weeks so I really don’t want to bring a boring interview bag. I do have a red mulberry bayswater that wouldn’t be terrible to bring to Hawaii, but it is heavy. I think the LV might be ok since its DE & not mono, but I would love advice! Thanks!!

Congrats on the job interview. I personally would stick with the neverfull since it is DE. I agree that mono may not have been as suitable. I guess it depends on the industry also but I often see business women carrying lv so don't see why it would be a problem in DE. GOOD LUCK! I hope it goes well for you.

I would go with the DE Neverfull. It's a classic beauty, seems suitable for an interview in my opinion. Good luck with your interview and deciding which bag to take. Have a great trip! :smile:

I would go with the DE Neverfull. It's a classic beauty, seems suitable for an interview in my opinion. Good luck with your interview and deciding which bag to take. Have a great trip! :smile:
I thought of that too but I am going straight to the interview from the airport, so I won't see her first :sad:

I would take the DE NF. I'd have whatever you need out of it (notepad/pen/resume) before the interview so you don't have to rummage through it. Good luck and what a great way to end an interview (Hawaii!) and start vacation (interview!).

I personally would not bring an LV bag to a job interview. I would bring something completely inconspicuous, like an unrecognizable brown or black bag. When I went for my job interview two years ago, I borrowed my friend's simple black Tory Burch and wore the TB symbol turned in.

I think you should go with your gut. I personally would never carry a DE Neverfull to a job interview (even though I do use it as a daily work bag). For job interviews I've bought an inexpensive, simple, Polish brand (Ochnik), black leather tote. It's pretty lightweight so I sometimes use it for other occasions as well. In your situation I'd buy an simple, not heavy leather bag or I'd bring the Bayswater to the job interview (that bag is lovely BTW and definitely looks professional) but inside I'd have a folded Le Pliage, so you'd have a second, casual and lightweight bag to use in Hawaii. I think it also depends on the position you're applying for and your work field. I guess the Neverfull could pass in some fields. Good luck on that interview and enjoy your trip! :smile:

Reactions: luvprada
I agree it depends on the job you are interviewing for, but also what you are bringing to the interview itself. Can you bring a small bag (Pochette size) in your NF for the interview?