Advice: Sell to Buy??

bmk33

O.G.
Mar 22, 2010
I purchased a timeless clutch (blk caviar) and a jumbo beige lambskin last November. I have used both of them probably 5 to 8 times each since then. I am thinking of selling them to purchase the J12 (diamond markers), which I would be using on a daily basis. I wish i was able to use my bags more often but my casual lifestyle (work as a yoga instructor) makes it harder to find oportunity to do so. If you were in my place, would you sell those two items to fund the J12? Thank you for your advice!;)

Last edited:
I purchased a timeless clutch (blk caviar) and a jumbo beige lambskin last November. I have used both of them probably 5 to 8 times each since then. I am thinking of selling them to purchase the J12 (diamond markers), which I would be using on a daily basis. I wish i was able to use my bags more often but my casual lifestyle (work as a yoga instructor) makes it harder to find oportunity to do so. If you were in my place, would you sell those two items to fund the J12? Thank you for your advice!;)
No. I would not.

If you like a brand name watch, then Rolex would be the one to look for.

No.

If you like a good watch, go for Rolex or Franck Muller.

Save the two bags. You won't be able to purchase them at the price you paid for them. Timeless clutch is a good investment.

Yes, I would absolutely sell two hardly used bags to fund something else that I would use daily!

I agree. You have 2 bags that you hardly ever use....what's the use in having them? I prefer to have things I use all the time, if I buy a bag and don't get much use out of it, I sell it. I don't want to hold onto what I am not using. Plus bags you don't really use, take up a lot of room in the closets! :P

I have 2 J12's and love love love them! :yahoo: (a black and a white one both with diamond markers). I actually get more use out of these 2 watches than ANY bags I have! :biggrin:. People always notice them and I always get compliments on them....not that that is a reason to buy them, but it's nice to have something that garners so many compliments, and I really do love them.

If you don't really use them, then sell them to fund a J12, which is a good watch for yoga.

I know people here are suggesting a Rolex. But the OP is not interested in a Rolex, she is only interested in a J12.

^ I agree. Get the J12.

BTW, I've seen this so many times, where members suggest Rolex over the J12. "Get a good or a real watch"..... But the funny thing is, members who own both J12 and Rolex often say that they rarely wear their Rolex on a daily basis, only their J12. It's such a fun and easy watch to wear. Some people are just not into Rolex, or Hermes for that matter. I'm one of them :biggrin:

Totally agree w/ burberryprncess and nat!
I wear my J12 most of the time but sadly not Rolex!
I would sell both bags and get J12 (that's what I am doing now to fund a Chopard watch.. :roflmfao:).

It seems that for you, it would be better to sell them, especially since you aren't using them very often. You already seem to know that you will get more use from the watch.
Do you have other Chanel purses? I'm just worried that if you sell the only 2 that you have, you will get sellers remorse and regret it.

^ I agree. Get the J12.

BTW, I've seen this so many times, where members suggest Rolex over the J12. "Get a good or a real watch"..... But the funny thing is, members who own both J12 and Rolex often say that they rarely wear their Rolex on a daily basis, only their J12. It's such a fun and easy watch to wear. Some people are just not into Rolex, or Hermes for that matter. I'm one of them :biggrin:

People do say this ("Get a good or a real watch")....I've never understood it. Of course it all comes down to what we individually prefer, but I'd take a J12 over a Rolex any day, in fact I did! :biggrin: ......twice! :P

No offense to Rolex owners, they are lovely watches, just not for me.