Advice required

Izzybet

O.G.
Dec 15, 2013
Hi experienced Mulberry ladies, I used my creamy pink Alexa this weekend on a proper outing and the colour is already coming off the plaited detail. What would you do? I don't have a store locally, so I will have to post the bag, what options do they give you on repairing the bags ? TIAImageUploadedByPurseForum1403519833.020895.jpg

Hi, is the colour coming off or is it colour rub transferred on to the corners? I would try colonil gel first to see if removes it. If it is actually colour coming off I would e mail Mulberry customer service and include a pic. along with a scan of your receipt and say it was the first outing for the bag. I have known them arrange a pick by UPS for inspection and further investigation.

I have emailed customer service and they have asked me to take the bag to one of the stores or to post it back to them... I am at Silverstone in 2 weeks so might be able to take it too the Bicester store .

If it is definitely the colour coming off, stick to your guns and don't be fobbed off with 'normal wear' as sometimes happens. It isn't! Let us know how you get on. It will cost you £11 to post the bag in and it will be dealt with far quicker. Keep your postage receipt and email them a copy of it because you should get it refunded along with compensation for the bag. You should not be out of pocket.

I found Mulberry very good when I sent them a bag to check. It was the inking and it was less than a year old. To my surprise they said it couldn't be repaired. It was the old style soft buffalo alexa. They replaced it no hassle with a new polished version, even though it was far more money than my original.

If it is definitely the colour coming off, stick to your guns and don't be fobbed off with 'normal wear' as sometimes happens. It isn't! Let us know how you get on. It will cost you £11 to post the bag in and it will be dealt with far quicker. Keep your postage receipt and email them a copy of it because you should get it refunded along with compensation for the bag. You should not be out of pocket.

Thanks, for the heads up :smile:. I am soooo disappointed, I know it's a light coloured bag and will get marks, but after using it for one weekend, that's not right.
What do they normally do? Will they change the plaited trim? It's a shame as it smells gorgeous!!

My experience has always been an offer of vouchers to replace the bag myself although they did once send me out a replacement from their stock. I have always found the Customer Service to be excellent. Tell Customer Service you have sent in the bag and ask that they chase it through for you and act as middleman between yourself and repairs.

I emailed customer service today and they have confirmed they have received my bag and it's now waiting to be reviewed by the Head of Production Quality, that sounds all very official or is that what they normally do ?