Advice Request : Brea GM!

alicia ong

Mar 23, 2010
Dear lovely ladies in tPFers,

I've been thinking of getting my very first LV for ages and after some research and going to the store , i fell in love with the Brea GM in amarante vernis!

Now.. since I haven't had any experience with vernis, I'd like to ask your opinion on how durable is it? I am thinking of using her pretty much daily.. or at least 3 times a week? I don't baby my bags much but I don't throw her around either..

I've heard some say its scratch resistant and not as fragile as it seems..

Coz its gonna be my first purchase, I am a bit wary..haha.. hope you can help me out!

I also like the Brea GM in black epi,, its classic! but.. hmmmmmm,, I have a black bag already and.. it does seem very work no play kinda bag?

ooooo..what's the verdict? Brea Amarante Vernis or Brea Black Epi?

thankss soo muchh :yahoo:

Even though I am not one of the ladies, I would like to offer my opinion. The Vernis is pretty resilient in normal use. I have seen older styles that still LVook pretty good but you really don't know how the previous owners used them. No bag is truly scratch resistant. I don't think you'll be dragging it on jagged cement though, so I think you are fine.

The perennial complaint that I read or hear about the Vernis is the way that it picks up fingerprints. Some people get annoyed by this.

GoodLVck!

LVuittonLuvr, aww thank you for your opinion,sweetheart :smile:

LVoe your blog!

do you reckon the amarante vernis still look classy and quite elegant?
hmmmm.. I am in my late twenties soooo excited about my first LV investment!!! :P

I have one in amarante. I love it. I don't use it every day because I rotate my bags out, but so far it seems pretty durable. Some people do not like the finger prints, but it doesn't bother me too much. It is part of it. I just wipe them off. I even got a light scratch and it came off easily too. If you love it then get it.

LVuittonLuvr, aww thank you for your opinion,sweetheart :smile:

LVoe your blog!

do you reckon the amarante vernis still look classy and quite elegant?
hmmmm.. I am in my late twenties soooo excited about my first LV investment!!! :P

The amarante is my favourite of all the Vernis colours. It changes depending on the source of light. My friend Jerome has the large Alma in this colour and everytime he uses it, I am amazed how LVoely it truly is. Very classy and elegant.

I have the Brea GM in the Black Epi Electric - and have been using it at work for the last few weeks. I even got it wet in the rain today, and there is no problems (just wiped off the rain!).

I would rather have an epi bag over a Vernis, because Epi is stronger and more durable than Vernis, and I would have to be more careful in using the Vernis bag than the Epi.

Also - the Epi bag does not have Vachetta, so I don't have to worry about getting handles dirty etc. And for a bag that I am going to use often for work, this is important for me.

I ve a VERNIS BREA GM as well, i dnt use it all the time cos i rotate my bags as well.
this is quite tough cause am friend of mine is in England and i gave her money
to buy an EPI BREA GM BLACK.....i love the brea style so much!!!

but vernis is soo glam and so beautiful....i ll have to say vernis!!! but if thats ur only bag
and u wanna use it everyday i ll say go for the EPI

I ve a VERNIS BREA GM as well, i dnt use it all the time cos i rotate my bags as well.
this is quite tough cause am friend of mine is in England and i gave her money
to buy an EPI BREA GM BLACK.....i love the brea style so much!!!

but vernis is soo glam and so beautiful....i ll have to say vernis!!! but if thats ur only bag
and u wanna use it everyday i ll say go for the EPI

Have you posted pictures of your Bernis Brea GM? Can you post the link here. I'd love to see pictures. Thanks.

I ve had problems forever trying to post pix....my avatar was thru my blackberry!!it just won't work!!
I have actually lost hope!!I buy bags and can't show off!!

I ve had problems forever trying to post pix....my avatar was thru my blackberry!!it just won't work!!
I have actually lost hope!!I buy bags and can't show off!!

It's easier to post pictures if you have them stored on a website.
Then you can just paste in the url. These websites have an easy way to copy the code.

Send me a private message if you want me to send you instructions.