Advice re: Speedy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [FONT=&quot]Hi everyone! [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Advice needed:thinking: I’m feeling a little meh about my recent Speedy purchase. I purchased a DE Speedy 30 on Saturday and while I do love it, I also kind of don’t? I like the style of it but am not quite sure about the pattern now.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The main issue is that the handles on mine seem VERY short. I am aware, of course, that is the style of the bag and the handles are supposed to be short but for some reason mine seem really small? Do the handles “stretch” out a bit eventually? I have not had a Speedy before, so I am not sure. But they just look different to me compared to other photos of authentic bags I’ve seen online and even the photo on the LV website.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It bothered me so much that on Monday I brought it back to the LV store to ask their opinion and the SA told me they were “all like that” and accused me of comparing it to photos of fake bags and essentially put mine back in the dust bag and that was that. It bothered me so much that I didn’t even think to ask to see another to compare it to (I can get nervous in stores like LV…working on it though!) She just seemed very uninterested in helping me, so I left:shucks:
    The SA who originally helped me on Saturday was nice but he was unfortunately not in when I went back on Monday. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have not used the bag, I just put my stuff in it for a bit and took it out. I’m not sure if I’d like the monogram Speedy better or maybe even a Neverfull instead? I feel like for the price I paid, I want to be 100% sure. What would you girls/guys do in this situation?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Allison[/FONT]

2. Do you have a Speedy B or a regular speedy? I'm not sure if the handles stretch out as mine a pretty new too but if you like the look of the speedy but want the ability to wear it on your shoulder, try a Speedy B. It comes with a beautiful shoulder strap that you can adjust to wear short under your arm as a shoulder purse, longer as a tote, or very long as a cross body. I find it to be very versatile but it did take me a couple of days to find my true love for it. I find it more comfortable to wear on my shoulder than my Neverfull is.

3. It is a regular Speedy, I will have to take a look at the Speedy B in person. I wasn't all that crazy about having to hold the regular one all the time, so perhaps something I can put on my shoulder is a better option. I do have my eye on the Neverfull MM in rose ballerine too- I am too indecisive for this! :P

4. you could always add a strap...I did on my speedy 25 mono, was so disappointed in the size when I first got it. But now I really do love it but if I did not have the strap I probably would not use it much.

5. I think you would love the Neverfull! It is so beautiful in monogram. The Speedy is beautiful and a classic, but unless you get the bandouliere, it is not so versatile.

And I totally understand how you feel a bit nervous in LV stores, I do too. There is something so very intimidating about being called "madam" and treated like a rich person when only 10 years ago we could not afford dinner every day.

6. I know how you are feeling. My very first LV purchase a couple of months ago was a Speedy 30 in DE; I ordered online. When it arrived and was all folded into a flat box, I was less than thrilled. It felt so unsubstantial and looked so sad with those folds in the canvas. (Plus, the dustbag was dirty...ack.) So I couldn't get it packed for return fast enough. I was wondering what on earth people think is so special about that...:roflmfao:

Fast forward a couple of weeks and after staring at bags on TPF for days, I ordered the Speedy B 30 in mono and I love it. Last night I placed a re-order for the Speedy 30 in DE! Now that I know what to expect, I can't wait to get it. Funny how that works. :lol:

So if it's not love, return it ASAP. Take your time deciding which bag you would like better. And don't be intimidated by the boutique; they wouldn't exist if not for people like us. :tup:

7. Thank you everyone for your great replies! They were all very helpful. I have decided to suck it up and go back to LV tonight to see some other options (and hopefully they're nicer! hah. ) I think the issue is I am not in super love with the DE (it is pretty, but just not for me, you know?) SO I will check out the Speedy in monogram to see if maybe I like that better or a Neverfull in monogram :biggrin: Hopefully I will be able to exchange without any issues! Will post an update after I make my choice :smile:

8. Update! I went back to LV tonight and wouldn't you know I got that same rude SA from the other day?! But I was a little less nervous this time and wasn't going to let her intimidate me or stop me from looking at another bag! I ended up with the monogram Speedy 30 and just love it so so so much more than I did the DE- it's just much more me. :loveeyes:
    I still will need to get used to the handles but that seems like less of an issue now that I'm not forcing myself to like the bag!
    I did also check out the Neverfull and think that's next on my list :graucho:

9. :tup: Yay! I'm glad you found a bag you really love.

10. Fantastic choice! Enjoy.

11. Yay enjoy!