advice re:HAC and a Birkin vs two Birkins

kipp

O.G.
May 9, 2008
Hi everyone! As you all probably know, I have a very small H collection thus far, and am still waiting for my raisin togo 35cm Birkin. I have been thinking about an additional bag in box leather for a while now, and am wondering if it makes more sense for that bag to be a HAC, or for it to be a 2nd birkin. All this is assuming that my raisin togo comes in sometime, and the box leather will likely be black (or rouge H). I was thinking of this 2nd box leather bag being a 32 HAC or a 35 or 30 Birkin.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oh oh oh, did you see sandiaexchange's BBH in 32? It's absolutely stunning and a great price too! I vote for a birkin and a HAC... You would have a well-rounded collection! :tup:

It really depends on your usage, do remember that a HAC's handles are shorter and may not be so user friendly with your winter coat. For us in the tropical countries it may not be a big issue. Size wise I think it is perfect. And sandia's current listing is gorgeous with a great patina.

Thanks everyone! Yes, I have been contemplating the 32 BB HAC... And, while I love the Kelly in box, I already have my red CDC Kelly and a prune box Kelly Cut. I'd like a Birkin or Hac in a dressier leather, thus my consideration of box (or could be evergrain, or chamonix, or I guess even chevre).

Any other opinions out there?

For me the Birkin has the ideal measurements. I like the Birkin handles better than the HAC handles.

It really depends on your own preferences. Have you ever tried a HAC in the store?

the HAC is a nice compromise between a Kelly and birkin.

the HAC is a great day bag but not so big like birkins...that you can bring them into the evenings

I would say go for the HAC 32cm if you love the lines of the bag... IMO the HAC 32cm has more elegant proportions than the 35cm Birkin (but the Birkin 35cm holds just a bit more and the handles are more user friendly) So, if you want a very chic and dressy work bag I would go for the elongated lines offered by the HAC 32cm in a structured leather such as Box Calf, VL, epsom,ect..

Thanks again to everyone for weighing in! I am not a small person, so I could use the elongating effect of the HAC. However, in general, my preference is for more of an east/west proportioned bag than north/south (even though I know the N/S probably looks better on me...). Part of my problem is that I saw a very chic French lady in FSH carrying a black box 35 birkin... I can't get that image out of my head... I want to look like her!!! :P

For me the Birkin has the ideal measurements. I like the Birkin handles better than the HAC handles.

It really depends on your own preferences. Have you ever tried a HAC in the store?
Yeah, have ya? If yes, please tell me which one!! I ask every time I go into mine and just get responses like I'm asking to try on a NASA spacesuit. "Oh haven't seen one of those in years..." I still don't know if that's the truth -- I've never seen an HAC IRL and authentic Birkins are much rarer here than, say, NY.

But back to what kipp was asking,,, my advice is: there's no point in having a variety of bag sizes if you're straying outside of what you actually like on you. I totally understand pursuing a beautiful/indelible image in one's mind, but the thing is, you may actually look more like that woman if you carry a different bag -- i.e., the one that is sized right for you... As I always say, ya gotta look at yourself in the mirror with it ;)