Advice: Prada Continental Wallet vs. Balenciaga Classic Money Wallet

Boalt

May 24, 2010
Hello ladies,

I need your advice. I currently have a Chanel (caviar) wallet that needs to be replaced. I am thinking about getting a Prada Continental Wallet (Saffiano) or a Balenciaga Classic Money Wallet. Which one do you think will hold up to the rigors of everyday use (e.g., I don't have anything from Prada, but I have a Balenciaga Part Time and the leather is really soft, so I'm concerned about how the Bal wallets hold up)?

Thanks in advance

I received a Balenciaga money wallet two years ago as a gift, and I use it every single day. I'm the type to have one wallet and use it until I really need to have it replaced, and my Balenciaga is still going strong. The interior pockets have stretched a bit due to cards being put in there, but I think that would happen with any wallet.

Not to throw a wrench into this, but have you considered an LV? My LV wallet has been abused and still looks great (mine is a Eugenie). I also own a Prada saffiano wallet in bluette, but I don't use it as much given the Prada saffiano quality issues that have been raised before, so it's not exactly my everyday wallet - so I cannot attest to how it would hold up used as such. I don't own a Bal wallet but I do have Bal bags, and I can say I am happy with the bags' quality.

I have a saffiano prada wallet and have used it every day for the last few years. It has held up wonderfully, no scratches on the leather and no stretching. There is a bit of fading on the gold prada logo but that's it.

I love both wallets! I currently use a Prada continental wallet in saffiano leather and it's holding up so well. I've been using it for three years now and it's been so sturdy, the leather has a few scratches (but pretty amazing considering I've thrown it around so much and in my bag full of keys and other scratch worthy things). The colour still looks great(I have it in dark blue) and it even has that amazing leather smell still.

Bal on the other hand makes amazing wallets too and I'm hoping to get one after my Prada haha.

If you want something that'll last for years and something more classic, I say go for Prada.