Advice please!!!!!!

stylin76

PARIS S.
Jul 31, 2012
I'm selling a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and the seller wanted me to do a private transaction outside of paypal . Is that GOOD idea or she's trying to scam me?

I'm selling a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes and the seller wanted me to do a private transaction outside of paypal . Is that GOOD idea or she's trying to scam me?

No it is not a good idea at all.

Your post is a little confusing as you say you are selling the shoes & the seller wants to do a private transaction off ebay

Are you buying the shoes? If so, no I would not do the transaction off ebay. If you are selling the shoes, no

I would not do a transaction off ebay.

No it is not a good idea at all.

Your post is a little confusing as you say you are selling the shoes & the seller wants to do a private transaction off ebay

Are you buying the shoes? If so, no I would not do the transaction off ebay. If you are selling the shoes, no

I would not do a transaction off ebay.

no I'm selling them and she messaged me saying she wanted to do a private sell,I neve do that only go through pp

Is she just asking to pay using a method other than paypal? Would the sale/purchase be made through the ebay listing?

If ^^^ that's the case, there's no problem for you as seller. You're still being honest with ebay but in accepting another form of payment (money order?), you're saving PP fees.

Although ebay disallows sellers to mention that they will accept checks or m.o., you are allowed to do it if the buyer requests. Buyer won't have protection but that doesn't concern you.

One caveat though is to take either USPS money order or if paying by check, wait until her check clears your bank before shipping.

Also, I believe there are such things as fake money orders so if you do accept a USPS money order make sure to cash it before shipping as well.
Correct. I should have included more info. The reason I recommend USPS money orders is that you can take them to the post office where they validate and cash them. You'll know right away if it's genuine, will have the cash in hand and won't have to wait for it to clear. You can ship once you've cashed the check.

Correct. I should have included more info. The reason I recommend USPS money orders is that you can take them to the post office where they validate and cash them. You'll know right away if it's genuine, will have the cash in hand and won't have to wait for it to clear. You can ship once you've cashed the check.
oh ok I never knew that, I have to ask her what payment she was asking about, also she lives in canada if that makes a difference

oh ok I never knew that, I have to ask her what payment she was asking about, also she lives in canada if that makes a difference

You live in California & your prospective buyer lives in Canada.

International & domestic money orders are 2 different colors, so you
want to make sure the buyer sends you the right one to cash if that is what you decide
to do.

Last edited:
Since she's in Canada, she'll send an international mo since it is going outside Canada. You'll still take that money order to the post office and they'll cash it. They cash postal money orders whether domestic or international.