Advice Please!

Ruby C

Jul 31, 2011
Hey

Hoping for some advice from you lovely ladies please!

I completely missed out on the Foxglove Bays in the sale and was rather gutted!

Haven't really seen anything else that has caught my eye in the sales, but have with the new collection!

I am torn between the classic bays and the effie satchel....

I love the hot fuchsia effie, but don't know whether to go traditional with the bays, in which case, I am torn by colour..... go for the hot fuchsia / grass green or go classic with either oak or chocolate....

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, it would be an every other day bag.

Thanks!!

I would go for bays as just love them. The colour would depend on what sort of person you are - do you like a pop of colour and would you wear it no matter what? or are you a classic sort of a girl?

I love Bays and would choose Hot Fuchsia, just love that colour! Saw it IRL and it so yummy and gorgeous. You will be able to get Oak or chocolate anytime, they are always there, but Hot fuchsia is seasonal and you liked foxglove and missed it. Green grass is lovely as well but for me it usually easier to wear pink/purple bags than bright green! Hope that helps!

A classic oak bays will always be a great addition to any wardrobe. Oak goes with almost anything and can be used for either formal or casual situations. Love the effie too but I guess what colour clothes you wear. Oak bays can be a bit 'high maintenance' (depends if you are bothered by rain marks etc) whereas the effie looks far more low maintenance. What does your heart say? It's always fun deciding though!

Thanks for the help! They may still be hope with the foxglove bays it seems!! If not I'm still at a loss!!
I love the versaility of the effie but love the classic style of the bays.... I have an oak Lilly which I love. I also have a Neely but find it a bit awkward to carry because of the long strap and me been a little short!!

I love bright colours, but just worry it will date easily. I think that's holding me back a little! I am keen to see the neetle green bays thou... Maybe that could be the one?!

Why do mulberry have to make too many pretty bags?!?!

I would get an oak Bays, just got one & love it....so classic, I bought a bright blue Roxanne A4 & sold it as I felt it would date & I also sold a champagne gold Mabel, I'm sorry I just prefer to go for more classic colours although I have just purchased 2 Conker colour bags but that is not so bright but if the bright colours are what you like then go for a bright colour Bays. JMO

I saw the fuchsia bays in store on tuesday and i was sooo close to buying it but then i thought about the practicality of it and walked away! I would go for a lovely classic choc bays :smile:

Hello....

I am new to TPF!!!

Just wanted to say I love the new effie satchel in pink it's to die for, but I think the bay is more of a timeless classic. I saw a fushia one in the cheshire oaks outlet store not so long and it really was fabulous, I was very tempted!!

I know what u mean about mulberry making so many beautiful bags, I love the clothes too!!! :smile:))