Advice please!

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I was looking for some advice :smile: Against my better judgement, I have decided to get the Panarea (not because I think it's a bad thing, I've just promised my OH that I would be saving money :P). I have decided to finally purchase it, but can only do so through the UK online store, because we don't have a Dior boutique here. So here are my questions:

1) There are only two sizes available through the online Dior shop: 30cm x 25cm x 15cm, or 36cm x 27cm x 18cm. Which size would you recommend? I'm approx. 5'5"-5'6" and I like a good sized bag, but I'm worried that the first size might look a bit small on my shoulder

2) In deciding between the two sizes, if I were to go with the smaller size, they only have it in beige and black. Which would you recommend? I was tempted to go with the beige, but am worried that dirt will be more visible. Then there are photos from doing a google image search of Dior Panarea where the black actually looks quite nice, but it might be too dark to wear with everything, especially since I alternate between neutral, dark and bright colours. There's also the mink grey and red colours for the large size, but I wouldn't get the red and am not too sure about the grey.

3) Can people post photos modelling the smaller and larger sizes? I've been getting confused as some sites sell them as 'Small' and 'Medium', or 'Medium' and 'Large'. The Dior site only says the Panarea canvas tote or the Large Panarea canvas tote.

Basically, it's a question of colour and size and to see photos of people modelling their bags so I can get an idea of which size would suit me better.

Many thanks in advance :graucho:

i've decided that I'm going to buy the black Medium Panarea from the Dior website. my question is: because there are no Dior boutiques here, has anybody ever ordered their bags off the Dior online store? does it come in the gorgeous box and ribbon and the whole exciting packaging? it's like a little present for myself and I would really love to get it with my new bag!

Actually there are a lot of lovely colors available for Panarea tote. I would think having colourful one is more fun. Having said that, black definately is gorgeous too and can match with everything. I got a medium in dark purple color. There are 3 sizes. But I noticed the smallest size is not displayed by boutique and website. I've seen it IRL and it's very small like an evening bag. Medium and big size are fine. I bought mine from boutique, it doesn't come with box, but got ribbon. The SA said they don't have big box that can fit panarea tote. However I've seen someone reveal which seems like together with a box. Hope it helps.

Actually there are a lot of lovely colors available for Panarea tote. I would think having colourful one is more fun. Having said that, black definately is gorgeous too and can match with everything. I got a medium in dark purple color. There are 3 sizes. But I noticed the smallest size is not displayed by boutique and website. I've seen it IRL and it's very small like an evening bag. Medium and big size are fine. I bought mine from boutique, it doesn't come with box, but got ribbon. The SA said they don't have big box that can fit panarea tote. However I've seen someone reveal which seems like together with a box. Hope it helps.

Thanks, I've sent an e-mail through 'Contact Dior' on their website and have asked if it was possible to provide a box as a gift, so will hopefully hear back soon. As there aren't any boutiques here, I have to rely on purchasing the bag online. I'm quite tempted by the silver one, but as I have a silver LD, I want a different colour for my Panarea and I'm not much for carrying a red bag, so it comes down to black or beige for the medium size offered on their online store.

My only other option is travelling to the nearest boutique which is in Manchester and hope for the best, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra journey (a 2 hour train ride and trying to find the boutique) to purchase the bag. I'll maybe call the boutique when I get my credit card and make a decision then. Depending on the colours they have, I might decide it's worth the extra effort if they can package it up in a box for me :biggrin:

Hello there,

I have the medium sized Panarea in beige and I adore it - the black is lovely too, but I think that the beige is particularly nice with the combination of the gold hardware. Both very nice bags, with a very different look! As other posters have mentioned, the Panarea canvas is very hard wearing and I personally have never had an issue with it becoming dirty or stained.

I am probably slightly shorter than you, and for me the medium is a perfect size. Please remember also that you can 'alter' the shape and size of the bag by connecting the inner links, and this does make the bag look somewhat smaller.

I bought mine through a Boutique and I did not receive a box, unlike when I purchased my Lady Dior. The Panarea basically came in its dust bag and carrier, and the SA carefully looped the handles over each so that they would not become bent or damaged.

Hope this helps

i've decided that I'm going to buy the black Medium Panarea from the Dior website. my question is: because there are no Dior boutiques here, has anybody ever ordered their bags off the Dior online store? does it come in the gorgeous box and ribbon and the whole exciting packaging? it's like a little present for myself and I would really love to get it with my new bag!

i think black medium is a good choice,but i havent bought dior bags from Dior online store before. there is an online store in Japan which always bring in Dior bags from the newest collection and they do come in Dior box,ribbons....etc. (i was told that they bring in the stock straight from Paris and Italy) :smile:

heres the link http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-posh/cdm0550ptri-599/

I've phoned the Manchester boutique and the SA I spoke to was very informative and very helpful. She informed me that the Medium size (which apparently is listed as Large on the website - she later said this size was £770, the price on the Dior online store for Large) had a range of colours, whereas there weren't as many for the Small (no size mentioned on the online Dior store, so I assumed this was the Medium). I also asked if this could be boxed as a gift and she said they normally don't have a box for each bag purchased, but that it could be arranged for me when I explained it was to be a gift. I fibbed a little and originally said it was for my sister, but was thinking of gifting one for myself, and she said she would be happy to provide a box for me :yahoo: I also asked the SA about the price increase and she mentioned they haven't been informed of any price increases yet, but she's taken my details and told me she would phone me a few days before the price increase is in effect so that I get a chance of going down there to purchase it at the current price! :woot:

I feel really bad now, there's an Australian seller selling her Medium khaki and Large beige Panareas on Ebay for a good price and she did assure me that if they're not purchased before the end of the listing, she might not relist them, so if I wanted it I could contact her again when I get my new CC in the mail and she would relist it for me so I can purchase them! But the option of going to see the sizes in person and all those colours and the bag coming in a gift box........I confess, I've got this obsession of coming home with a Dior bag in the gift box with the lovely silky ribbon and the white pebbled shopping bag and unwrapping a lovely present!

i think black medium is a good choice,but i havent bought dior bags from Dior online store before. there is an online store in Japan which always bring in Dior bags from the newest collection and they do come in Dior box,ribbons....etc. (i was told that they bring in the stock straight from Paris and Italy) :smile:

heres the link http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-posh/cdm0550ptri-599/

thanks for the website kellyng, I'll have a look at the site :smile:

Quick update

At the Manchester boutique, I've been told that these colours are still available:

smaller size (Medium) £710: black, beige, 1 x mink grey, possibly pale pink

Medium size (Large) £770: black, beige, off white/cream, mink grey, pale pink, fuschia, cherry red, burgundy (which I believe is called Vine on the website), bronze and lavender purple

I've pretty much decided that I would purchase my Panarea at the Manchester boutique, so if anybody's interested, here are the ebay links to the seller with the Medium size khaki and Large size beige Panareas (free P&P!):

Medium khaki, BIN for AU$799 (approx. £518.54):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150718412262?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Large beige, BIN AU$999 (approx. £648.34):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-C...pt=AU_Women_Bags_Handbags&hash=item2317846197

Just an update for anyone who wishes to purchase Dior items online, I have just phoned their customer service number on the 'Contact' section of the Dior website and the SA I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, checking availability for the different sizes for me in the online shop and in boutiques in the UK. Apparently the sizes available on the website are not accurate: the SA informed me that the Medium is actually the Small size with the value of £710, and what has been listed as Large is actually the Medium with the value of £770.

She also told me that for Christmas (and at any time), items purchased from the online store comes in the signature Christian Dior pebbled gift box :yahoo: that would be an option for me to consider, although OH thinks the Medium size might be too big for me and end up looking like a shopping bag (I'm about 5'5"-5'6")

Just an update for anyone who wishes to purchase Dior items online, I have just phoned their customer service number on the 'Contact' section of the Dior website and the SA I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, checking availability for the different sizes for me in the online shop and in boutiques in the UK. Apparently the sizes available on the website are not accurate: the SA informed me that the Medium is actually the Small size with the value of £710, and what has been listed as Large is actually the Medium with the value of £770.

She also told me that for Christmas (and at any time), items purchased from the online store comes in the signature Christian Dior pebbled gift box :yahoo: that would be an option for me to consider, although OH thinks the Medium size might be too big for me and end up looking like a shopping bag (I'm about 5'5"-5'6")

can you do me a favor? ask London boutique if they have black japanese knotted samourai 1947 bag. i have been searching it for a long time and there was a SA even doesnt know about this bag (fainted ):sweatdrop:

can you do me a favor? ask London boutique if they have black japanese knotted samourai 1947 bag. i have been searching it for a long time and there was a SA even doesnt know about this bag (fainted ):sweatdrop:

Have you tried phoning the contact number on the Dior website? She wasn't really an SA I suppose, it was the Customer Service number, and she was really really helpful, she checked stock in the online UK store and stock in boutiques in the UK to find the small grey Panarea for me! If you find that they don't have it, I can try and phone the number for the UK boutiques for you ;) although if I remember correctly, the Samourai collection was from a few years back, so they might not have it.

Anyway, the Japanese contact number for Customer Service is +33 (0)1 40 73 73 73

Will boutiques still carry the Samurai bag? What about the outlet store at Gotemba?