Advice please

Exactly! Its not like I can just drop off a package and say I am only paying a certain amount.

I assume she just dropped it in the mailbox, as opposed to going to the PO and having them weigh it and such.

I would def ask for a partial refund or just send back,,, thats crazy.

That's what I was thinking too. If she took it to the post office counter they would have weighed the package and asked for her to pay more when she dropped off the package. If she doesn't refund the $6.53 I will contact ebay and ask them what to do.

$10 for shipping silk shirt via 1st Class is already over charge. The seller is really cheap. She should at least have used Priority. 13oz Priority from East Coast to West Coast cost about $6 to $7. Hope you can solve this issue with the seller.

Thank you. I will let everyone know when the seller responds to my email.

Thanks so much for all of the great advice from everyone on this forum. I just got an email back from the seller and she told me she would refund the $6.53 for the extra postage due. I'm so glad she was understanding and that I didn't have to refuse the package.

Out of curiosity - after you pick the package up, ask them to weigh it and calculate how much it would cost to ship from the sellers location to your location. There is always a chance that there is a mistake in the weight/postage charged.

A few years ago I shipped a gift of a DVD to a friend in England. The cost came to $55.00!!! Ummmm ...... NO! Believe it or not, but the computer monitor that the clerk was using had been moved so she could see it better - and the end of the monitor was pressing on the edge of the scale!! Once the monitor was moved and the scale was recalibrated, the postage came to something like $9.00

Out of curiosity - after you pick the package up, ask them to weigh it and calculate how much it would cost to ship from the sellers location to your location. There is always a chance that there is a mistake in the weight/postage charged.

A few years ago I shipped a gift of a DVD to a friend in England. The cost came to $55.00!!! Ummmm ...... NO! Believe it or not, but the computer monitor that the clerk was using had been moved so she could see it better - and the end of the monitor was pressing on the edge of the scale!! Once the monitor was moved and the scale was recalibrated, the postage came to something like $9.00

That's a good idea. I will have the clerk weigh the package when I pick it up on Tuesday and I will post how much it weighed. I can't believe how much they charged you to mail a DVD.

Here is what she did:

1st she overcharged you for 1st class. It is about 3.00 .
She shipped the item as first class and it was probably a sort of flat package which you cannot do with DC. It has to be 3/4" thick.
The post office wants 7.00 more because they changed it to a priority mail package because it is not thick enough.

I would email and ask for my 7.00 back and the extra $ she overcharged you for the price of shipping originally . She should have shipped that package either priority or first class in the first place with something in it to make it thicker.