Advice please

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just went to my post office to pick up a silk blouse that I just bought off of ebay. And it has postage due. I paid $10.00 to have the blouse shipped to me via first class mail and now there is postage due for another $6.53 that I have to pay to pick up to the package. I do not think I should have to pay another $6.53 when I already paid $10.00 for first class mail. That's $16.53 for first class mail and it's just a silk blouse that weighs less than a pound. Any advice?

2. Where was it shipped from??

3. It was shipped from Chicago and I'm in California. If I had known the shipping would have been $16.53 I would not have bid on the blouse.

4. I'd contact ebay customer support and see what they'd advise.

5. Are you having to pay the extra $$ because there was not enough postage?

6. I am confused why you would have to pay more??

7. Yes, the seller shipped the blouse via USPS First class mail and did not pay for enough postage. And now I have to pay the extra $6.53 if I want to pick up the blouse. They left a note in my mailbox. In the auction the seller stated the shipping fee was $10.00 through USPS First class mail.

8. The seller shipped the blouse via USPS First class mail and did not pay for enough postage. And now I have to pay the extra $6.53 if I want to pick up the blouse. They left a note in my mailbox. In the auction the seller stated the shipping fee was $10.00 through USPS First class mail.

9. I would email the seller and explain and request a refund of $6.53 in order to pick up the blouse. Make sure you get the money in your Paypal acct first. Otherwise, I would not pick up the blouse and in a week notify Ebay that you have not received your item. You paid shipping. It's the sellers responsibility to get the item to you.

10. How strange. I wouldn't think the post office would have mailed it if the postage had not been paid in full. I always end up eating the cost when I ship something. I would email the seller and ask for a partial refund of the $6.53

11. Agree here.. did the auction disclose what the shipping would be?

And would contact your seller and let her know that you did not

appreciate the unexpected & additional shipping fees that you had to

pay in order to get your package.. was it insured, delivery confirmation,

could that be the additional fees???? and how was it shipped??

Priority overnight?

12. First class does usually not cost much. It sounds to me like the seller pocketed a lot of the shipping costs. I'd do what others suggested and message the seller to paypal you the funds, if she doesn't agree then you can just do a paypal dispute. I have never had a first class item go over $3, let alone $10 with an extra $6.53 tacked on to it.

I've just estimated a cross-country first class package and it was $2.92 for a 13 oz. large envelope.

13. Anything over 13 oz cannot be mailed First class domestic.

14. How much did this package weigh? It would have to be a heavy package to cost $16, and that would be parcel post/first class. How odd. You'd think the seller could have used one of the plain Priority boxes that the USPS provides....or even double bag one of those tyvek mailers. :confused1:

15. Found that out the hard way when I forgot to put in the dustbag for a B bag I sold to someone. I sent the bag priority mail insured with signature delivery conf. to the tune of $30.00. When I realized my mistake about leaving out the dustbag, I sent her the dustbag right away, via first class mail with tracking in a heavy manila envelope; they wanted to charge her $5.00 more for Priority postage when it got there. Apparently you can't put tracking on 1st class mail, only priority, but my post office did not bother to tell me that! So this person refused delivery at her end for the extra postage! I sent her yet another dustbag. Then the original dustbag showed up back here with MORE postage due about 3 weeks later! She was hinting like she might give me a neg, so I was shaking over that silly post office mistake.
    $16.00 seems like a lot but maybe that is what happened? She paid for first class and it was too heavy? But how could a silk blouse be THAT heavy?