Advice, Please! Which of These Cross-body Bags Would You Recommend?

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Hi all - I would truly appreciate your advice with a purchase that I would like to make in the near future. I am in the market for something specific: a black (or Damier Ebene), small to medium-sized cross-body bag. I would prefer something with pretty classic styling, and that is designed to last (though truth be told I am not terribly hard on my bags).

Here are the finalists (four bags total). I have little to no experience with Longchamp leather bags, Burberry, or MJ, so I would love to hear some expert opinions - and of course, if you have any other specific suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much!!! :smile:

Choice #1: Marc Jacobs Cammie Classic Leather Crossbody ($595)
1033513_fpxtif.jpg

Choice #2: Longchamp Veau Foulonee Messenger Bag ($425)
1869021047_0.jpg

Choice #3: Burberry Tumbled Leather Crossbody Bag ($595)
1021636_fpxtif.jpg

Choice #4: Louis Vuitton Bloomsbury PM ($890)
(It's the smaller of the two bags pictured)
DamierBloomsbury.jpg

Attachments

• 1033513_fpx.tif.jpeg
    1033513_fpx.tif.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 1869021047_0.jpg
    1869021047_0.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 70
  • 1021636_fpx.tif.jpeg
    1021636_fpx.tif.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DamierBloomsbury.jpg
    DamierBloomsbury.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, wild child!

I completely forgot to mention anther contender - oops! Here it is:

Choice #5: Mulberry Hayden Messenger ($595)
000068909-1.jpg

Attachments

• th_000068909-1.jpg
    th_000068909-1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 74
I know you love mulberry LO, but I would say LV bloomsbury or the Burberry. Those are 2 of my fav brands. Burberry also makes a cute crossbody bag by the name of Dyden-I have it. It is on the far right top in my signature.

On looks alone, I'd say the MJ. Are you going to try them on though? To me cross-body bags are really hard and the ones that work for me are few and far between. If I tried on those 5, I'd be lucky if one of them works for me and that will be the one I buy.

I like the Mulberry and the MJ bags the best. One thing about the Mulberry: it is much wider than it is long, which might not look good when worn as a crossbody.
The MJ is great, but it screams MJ, so if you are ok with that, then I would get the MJ bag.

As atarzz mentioned, the longchamp looks like a bag you could buy at a suitcase store. I had the same reaction to the Burberry bag, but for some reason I think the Burberry might look nicer in person.

Hope this helps!

LV Bloomsbury bc damier ebene is virtually indestructible!!! plus the others look really plain IMHO and the bloomsbury is most classic of the bunch.

Last edited:
Marc Jacobs crossbody is going to be sumptuous to fondle and organized.

I would go for the LV Bloomsbury myself, it looks so much easier than the others to get in and out of. I prefer rummaging thru my bags a little.