Advice please: thinking of selling jumbo

SHHMOM

Feb 13, 2013
Hi ladies. I was hoping you could offer some advice. I recently purchased a preloved m/l flap, that I adore. I already own a jumbo flap that was purchased by me from saks. I am thinking of selling the jumbo and getting a reissue that is smaller or another m/l in different color. Now that I own both jumbo and m/l, I think the jumbo looks awkward on me. What do you ladies think? Thank you so much for all of your honest feedback. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690086.867388.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690103.270389.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690113.898419.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690131.188126.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690143.407494.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1412690164.269169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Hi ladies. I was hoping you could offer some advice. I recently purchased a preloved m/l flap, that I adore. I already own a jumbo flap that was purchased by me from saks. I am thinking of selling the jumbo and getting a reissue that is smaller or another m/l in different color. Now that I own both jumbo and m/l, I think the jumbo looks awkward on me. What do you ladies think? Thank you so much for all of your honest feedback. View attachment 2772417View attachment 2772421View attachment 2772422View attachment 2772423View attachment 2772424View attachment 2772425

I think that you are really petite and that the m/l fits your frame much better. =)

I think this is too large for you. Can you show you with the m/l too?

Thank you, the ml is the last three photos. The jumbo is the first three. Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. I can't ask people outside of tpf, they don't understand.

Did you use the jumbo much when you bought it? I know exactly how you feel. I have two jumbos and an ML so am sort of in the same boat as you in that when I wear the jumbo it sometimes feels 'too big' and I feel it's too large size wise to look cute cross body. I like to wear smaller bags cross body.

It's tough though because I also like the jumbo so for now I'm keeping and using them. So my question is are you using the jumbo and when you do does it not 'feel you?' The ML feels very me too.

It's not easy arrrrghhhh! I tried on a red reissue about a month or so ago and I loved the long single strap to wear it on the shoulder. Ugh I'm not helping am I?:thinking:

Did you use the jumbo much when you bought it? I know exactly how you feel. I have two jumbos and an ML so am sort of in the same boat as you in that when I wear the jumbo it sometimes feels 'too big' and I feel it's too large size wise to look cute cross body. I like to wear smaller bags cross body.

It's tough though because I also like the jumbo so for now I'm keeping and using them. So my question is are you using the jumbo and when you do does it not 'feel you?' The ML feels very me too.

It's not easy arrrrghhhh! I tried on a red reissue about a month or so ago and I loved the long single strap to wear it on the shoulder. Ugh I'm not helping am I?:thinking:

I kind of force my self to use it, because I wanted it so much. I can probably count the amount of times though, so not a lot. I feel slightly uncomfortable wearing it. I think on me it looks almost fake. I love looking at it though. I can only wear it double strap. I originally opted for the jumbo over the ml because of my sunglass case. I have since learned I don't really need the case, I can use the cloth pouch, which fits in the ml without a problem. I just don't know if it's a mistake....

I actually think that the jumbo carried with two straps looks great on you. However, if you don't like it anymore, definitely sell it. Why keep something you don't like or don't use just to collect dust in your closet. Also, does the ml fit your necessities? If so, then you may not need the jumbo. Good luck deciding!

The jumbo looks fine on you IMO, but I understand that you prefer the M/L size.

How do you plan to sell your jumbo? Sending bags for consignment and buying new ones can be financially dangerous IMO.

At the present time, I stopped consigning and I am keeping the bags I have (including the ones I don't use much) to prevent me from buying more. ;)

I actually think that the jumbo carried with two straps looks great on you. However, if you don't like it anymore, definitely sell it. Why keep something you don't like or don't use just to collect dust in your closet. Also, does the ml fit your necessities? If so, then you may not need the jumbo. Good luck deciding!

I agree, i think the jumbo is too big to wear single strap. The doubls strap look is much better for you and i think it looks great with the outfit you have on. With that said you have to like it an feel comfortable if you truly can get what you need in the m/l then you should probably sell the jumbo.

+1

I don't think jumbo looks too big on you. Do you use it not as often for the weight?

The Jumbo does not look good normally single strap unless you shorten the chains, so everyone is going to say M/L which looks good single strapped. It looks fine on you double strapped. I'm one who doesn't believe Jumbos are big bags to begin with so the whole "too big" because you're short or petite is silly to me. I'm a super shorty and I shouldn't have to walk around with tiny purses that don't fit anything because anything else is "too big". Go with your needs. If you've now found since you have an M/L that it fits all you need anyway and you truly prefer this size then consider selling. Maybe even consider a 226 Reissue which is kind of in-between sizes.

Thank you. I tried to quote people but couldn't do multiple quotes in a post. I am sure I will figure it out someday. I appreciate your feedback. I think, I kept thinking the jumbo was supposed to be able to be worn both single and double strap. Now that I now that it's really only double and it doesn't look awkwardly big on me (which I wasn't sure of), I am going to keep both flaps, thank you. I just really wasn't sure if it looked funny on me. I feel the flaps are different enough that I don't mind having both, which was my initial plan. Thank you all for your feedback and help. You are all the best! :smile: