Advice, please: suggestions for a bag for my sister

ladakini

vintage
O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
I am looking for the perfect bag for my sister. She trusts my judgement and many a wallet and bag of mine have found their way into her closet. She needs a new bag. I would love suggestions.

Here are her basic requirements:
1. Must be very lightweight. She prefers fabric for that reason.
2. Lots of pockets/compartments.
3. Not too big, but capable of holding a book or two, wallet, organizer, bit of groceries, perhaps.
4. Colorful. No black, brown or gray.
5. Able to be worn as a shoulder bag or across the body.
6. And if it does the dishes too, would be a plus.

Now you see why I need suggestions!

Thank you

HH Sonia in blueberry? It's colorful, has lots of pockets, goes over your shoulder, and can hold quite a bit. I'm not sure about the weight, but you could ask in the HH forum if you are interested.
http://haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?...//haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?action=handbags

For colorful, durable, lightweight totes it's hard to beat the Longchamp le pliage line, but they don't really have pockets. Herve Chapelier makes similar ones, but again w/o the pockets. If she wouldn't mind putting organizers inside, those might work.

HH Sonia in blueberry? It's colorful, has lots of pockets, goes over your shoulder, and can hold quite a bit. I'm not sure about the weight, but you could ask in the HH forum if you are interested.
http://haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?...//haydenharnett.com/index.cgi?action=handbags

For colorful, durable, lightweight totes it's hard to beat the Longchamp le pliage line, but they don't really have pockets. Herve Chapelier makes similar ones, but again w/o the pockets. If she wouldn't mind putting organizers inside, those might work.

I love the color. A bit too big for her, though. I suspect if I purchased it for myself she would want it. Great potential here. Thank you.

What about the Jenny Yuen Sherlock? The Plum is a gorgeous leather, whilst there's the bright pink Garnet too. (I have the larger-sized Gatsby in Plum, and I love it!) It's got a decent number of pockets too. There's also the similarly-sized Esme that doesn't have the front zippered pocket. Both of these come with straps that allow them to be worn on the shoulder.

I'm not sure if these two are particularly lightweight, though, but otherwise, I think they might fit your requirements! :smile:

What about the Jenny Yuen Sherlock? The Plum is a gorgeous leather, whilst there's the bright pink Garnet too. (I have the larger-sized Gatsby in Plum, and I love it!) It's got a decent number of pockets too. There's also the similarly-sized Esme that doesn't have the front zippered pocket. Both of these come with straps that allow them to be worn on the shoulder.

I'm not sure if these two are particularly lightweight, though, but otherwise, I think they might fit your requirements! :smile:

The colors are lovely. She's a tough customer. Could she fit a bottle of water and a day planner in it?

She wants the versatility, utility and cost of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-Wallet-Bagg-Large-Microfiber/dp/B000G1QKMU/ref=pd_sbs_a_9
AAAAAlznBwIAAAAAAUfHmA.jpg

With the style of this:
10332914_hero.jpg

In a color like this:
fendi-code-bag-1.jpg

The colors are lovely. She's a tough customer. Could she fit a bottle of water and a day planner in it?

I'm not sure, but it might be possible! I remembered a previous post where someone showed what she could put in her Sherlock, and it was rather surprising. I see you've found something for your sister, though, so never mind! Hope she likes it! :biggrin:

(Ah, found the post! Like I said, the OP there managed to fit a surprising amount in her Sherlock! She had a water bottle as well as a book in there, so it might fit your sister's size requirements too. Just FYI. ;))

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but it might be possible! I remembered a previous post where someone showed what she could put in her Sherlock, and it was rather surprising. I see you've found something for your sister, though, so never mind! Hope she likes it! :biggrin:

(Ah, found the post! Like I said, the OP there managed to fit a surprising amount in her Sherlock! She had a water bottle as well as a book in there, so it might fit your sister's size requirements too. Just FYI. ;))

I love that bag. I'm hoping she likes the bag I bought for her. The last bag I bought for her is shredding off her shoulder. It's time for a fresh approach.
Thank you so much for your diligence. I know who to come to for suggestions. So tell me, should I get a Fendi Spy or a Chanel classic flap?

I love that bag. I'm hoping she likes the bag I bought for her. The last bag I bought for her is shredding off her shoulder. It's time for a fresh approach.
Thank you so much for your diligence. I know who to come to for suggestions. So tell me, should I get a Fendi Spy or a Chanel classic flap?

Haha, er, not sure if I can really give much of an opinion! :sweatdrop: Purely personally speaking, the Spy appeals to me more given its form, but maybe a Chanel classic flap would be a better investment since it's a more classic style?

Glad you liked the Jenny Yuen suggestion, though! I definitely think she's a designer who warrants a higher profile... :smile:

Haha, er, not sure if I can really give much of an opinion! :sweatdrop: Purely personally speaking, the Spy appeals to me more given its form, but maybe a Chanel classic flap would be a better investment since it's a more classic style?

Glad you liked the Jenny Yuen suggestion, though! I definitely think she's a designer who warrants a higher profile... :smile:

You know, the other day I wandered along Rodeo Drive and visited Fendi, Chanel, Ferragamo, LV and a few others. When a bag is in your hand, it is a whole new world. A picture only tells half the story. I was not impressed with the Fendi leathers, especially the Spy. It was rough and bumpy, which is a texture only appropriate for a cat's tongue, in my opinion. The Chanel leathers were fabulous. Then there's Ferragamo... I bought a bag on the spot. I haven't seen a pic on the net so will have to take my own picture. It's a deep blue/purple, soft as butter, brilliant design, simple, elegant. Even my BF said "Oooh!"
I will be heading back to Chanel soon. In fact, I am returning my LV Nomade Alma towards that end.