Advice please! Sell square mini to fund a small classic flap?

Tanisabird

Jan 18, 2020
I purchased my dream bag, black mini square lambskin with LGHW, in March of this year but I can’t stop thinking about the small classic flap in caviar with GHW. Should I sell my mini to help fund the small classic flap? (Saving for a house right now so I’m on a no buy) I wear my bags crossbody but I’m petite and like my bags hitting higher so I’m not super concerned with chain drop.

It depends if you think you’ll wear it more. Personally I wouldn’t because the square mini is a HG for me. I’m 4’11” so it’s perfect crossbody. Also it’s harder to get than the small CF - if you sell it and change your mind you’ll have a hard time replacing it

I purchased my dream bag, black mini square lambskin with LGHW, in March of this year but I can’t stop thinking about the small classic flap in caviar with GHW. Should I sell my mini to help fund the small classic flap? (Saving for a house right now so I’m on a no buy) I wear my bags crossbody but I’m petite and like my bags hitting higher so I’m not super concerned with chain drop.
The chain on the small flap would be too short for crossbody unless you are very very petite, it will still hit pretty high, I tried wearing my small flaps crossbody before having my baby, I am 5’4” and was 95lbs at the time, it was not comfortable because it was hitting much higher than I’d prefer.

If you mainly wear your bags crossbody, I would suggest keeping the mini. I can fit pretty much the same amount of things in the mini and the small, maybe even more in the mini.

It depends if you think you’ll wear it more. Personally I wouldn’t because the square mini is a HG for me. I’m 4’11” so it’s perfect crossbody. Also it’s harder to get than the small CF - if you sell it and change your mind you’ll have a hard time replacing it
Thank you! Yes the mini square was the perfect bag for me because of the chain length since I’m 5’0” but I ended up getting it in lambskin and I find myself scared to use it so I end up grabbing my caviar WOC more. If only Chanel was still releasing caviar square minis...

The chain on the small flap would be too short for crossbody unless you are very very petite, it will still hit pretty high, I tried wearing my small flaps crossbody before having my baby, I am 5’4” and was 95lbs at the time, it was not comfortable because it was hitting much higher than I’d prefer.

If you mainly wear your bags crossbody, I would suggest keeping the mini. I can fit pretty much the same amount of things in the mini and the small, maybe even more in the mini.
Thank you!! Yes I’m 5’0” with a short torso and small chest. The square mini hits below my waist as a crossbody. I prefer bags hitting above my waist but you have a good point! I might try to go into the boutique to try it on in person before selling off my beloved mini.

Reactions: fdc and mrsblue
Thank you!! Yes I’m 5’0” with a short torso and small chest. The square mini hits below my waist as a crossbody. I prefer bags hitting above my waist but you have a good point! I might try to go into the boutique to try it on in person before selling off my beloved mini.
That’s a good idea! And if the small doesn’t work for you crossbody, you can always ask your SA for a chain fastener to shorten the chain on your mini.:smile:

Reactions: lastpurse
That’s a good idea! And if the small doesn’t work for you crossbody, you can always ask your SA for a chain fastener to shorten the chain on your mini.:smile:
Thank you so much!! I didn’t know they had fasteners to shorten chains, do you know if they are available at all boutiques? I’m located in Southern California.

If I could have only one Chanel, it would be the small cf. I think it’s the best of everything. While I prefer it as a shoulder bag, crossbody works too..
Square mini is cool too, but I really like huge phones, so it’s a no for me..
I have a black mini square lambskin and a black caviar WOC & thought the two together equals the price of a small CF so In hindsight I really should have purchased the small CF lol

I would sell if ur heart is after the small classic flap... I loved my minis but after they make just lambskin I bought my first small cf and loved the shape and how it sits on my body when wear it crossbody! I’m petite also and it gives just a cooler style than the mini! Just bought my 2. small cf! Just in love! :love:

Reactions: missmythology
I love the small classic flap. For me, having a mini and a WOC wouldn't make a lot of sense. Maybe if they are different colors? Not sure. The small flap is a wonderful size. Since I plan to keep mine, I had the chain extended for crossbody wear. Completely worth it!
Hi where did you get the chain extended please I want to get mine done too. TIA

Reactions: OCMomof3