advice please... sell backpack for flap? black vs red flap?

Mar 12, 2007
Shall I sell my backpack for a flap?

I have one of those old school black quilted backpacks w/ a thick gold chain that was $1,800 but selling for only about $500 online. I havent used it in about 10 years and probably will never again but its sentimental as it was my first Chanel.

I've been really wanting the flap.... shall I use the money from the backpack to pay for the flap?

Any thoughts on gold vs silver chain?

Red Flap or Black Flap?

Thanks for your advice!

Well, if you have not used it in ten years then I think you should sell it unless you are going to regret selling it and will want to buy it back. Then don't sell it and save your money until you can buy a flap. I would go for a chain that matches the jewelry you wear. If you wear alot of gold then get the gold or if you wear a lot of silver/white gold the get the silver chain. Also the silver chain looks more modern but the gold chain is classic. Also do you have alot of black bags? Then I would go for the red to add color to your collection. But the black flap is a classic and should be in your collection. Sorry, I did not help. But try the different color flaps and see the one you really love and will use often. Get that flap.

Well, if you have not used it in ten years then I think you should sell it unless you are going to regret selling it and will want to buy it back. Then don't sell it and save your money until you can buy a flap. I would go for a chain that matches the jewelry you wear. If you wear alot of gold then get the gold or if you wear a lot of silver/white gold the get the silver chain. Also the silver chain looks more modern but the gold chain is classic. Also do you have alot of black bags? Then I would go for the red to add color to your collection. But the black flap is a classic and should be in your collection. Sorry, I did not help. But try the different color flaps and see the one you really love and will use often. Get that flap.
yep. i agree:yes:

sell the backpack and get yourself a second chanel to replace your first so kinda kills two birds with one stone! With the colour its really up to you which you prefer and which you can get ur hands on .

I'd definitely keep my first Chanel because it was the reason why I grow to love Chanel... But if you no longer like it as much or even use it then maybe it's good to get a new bag - the flap that you want. If it's a classic color you're thinking of getting, like black, then you could always wait till you've saved enough money to buy it 'cos it'll always be there (then you can keep your backpack too). If you're thinking of a red flap you might want to check out the current red hues before getting one.

Whether you choose to buy or sell your first Chanel, it is your decision to make.
But if I were you.. :sneaky: I would totally get the red flap with the gold chain!!
It's so hot! :yes:

Go ahead and take the plunge. Sell it and get the flap which is more classic and you will use more of.
A black flap is a good bag to start with, a red flap is gorgeous and every girl sld own one. Tough choice, check out the store for the colours and leather before making your purchase. Finally enjoy your new flap :smile: