advice please?? on this Bearn wallet

applebeary

O.G.
Jul 21, 2012
So a few months ago, my SA informed me about kelly wallet in orange PHW, she said it will go well with my kelly orange ghw.. I passed mainly because i am not a wallet person and if i ever buy wallet i want it to be orange ghw to match the hardware in my kelly bag.
however, after further research in this forum, i changed my mind and well i might be able to use the kelly wallet as a small bag if i add the farandole chain.

hence, the call to SA yesterday to tell her if there is any kelly wallet show up, let me know. she said she has a clutch and apparently it is blue izmir croc bearn.

again i am not a wallet person, if i want to purchase kelly wallet, it will be used as a small bag not wallet. i always buy wallet in just $500 range because i feel, it will be stuffed inside the bag anyway with all my over flowing receipts, so why bother getting the expensive wallet and have to be super careful??

the color is to die for.. i love it, but i know i wont use it
thought?? should i just wait until there is more kelly wallet normal or exotic is fine
especially this bearn wallet is almost $6k.. i have to save up a few months to afford to purchase it so yes money is also one of the concern, will i regret spending $6k where i can get a bag instead of wallet?
will i ever use it, or just take this as this is super gorge??
I never in a million year will picture myself just carrying bearn when going out especially with a toddler.. is impossible to just carry wallet so again it will be inside the bag most of the time, only i know it, only i can admire it, no one else and i know my hubby will always tell joke about it. for exmaple, i purchased nine west clearance during the thanksgiving sale .. small clutch bag for $30 and he told me: really?? $30 nine west? from hermes to nine west??.. and i hate when he did that to me lol

and i cannot find the price for exotic kelly wallet in the price shopping thread if anyone can help about this too, thank u

please please let me know your thought on this bearn wallet
thank u

So a few months ago, my SA informed me about kelly wallet in orange PHW, she said it will go well with my kelly orange ghw.. I passed mainly because i am not a wallet person and if i ever buy wallet i want it to be orange ghw to match the hardware in my kelly bag.
however, after further research in this forum, i changed my mind and well i might be able to use the kelly wallet as a small bag if i add the farandole chain.

hence, the call to SA yesterday to tell her if there is any kelly wallet show up, let me know. she said she has a clutch and apparently it is blue izmir croc bearn.

again i am not a wallet person, if i want to purchase kelly wallet, it will be used as a small bag not wallet. i always buy wallet in just $500 range because i feel, it will be stuffed inside the bag anyway with all my over flowing receipts, so why bother getting the expensive wallet and have to be super careful??

the color is to die for.. i love it, but i know i wont use it
thought?? should i just wait until there is more kelly wallet normal or exotic is fine
especially this bearn wallet is almost $6k.. i have to save up a few months to afford to purchase it so yes money is also one of the concern, will i regret spending $6k where i can get a bag instead of wallet?
will i ever use it, or just take this as this is super gorge??
I never in a million year will picture myself just carrying bearn when going out especially with a toddler.. is impossible to just carry wallet so again it will be inside the bag most of the time, only i know it, only i can admire it, no one else and i know my hubby will always tell joke about it. for exmaple, i purchased nine west clearance during the thanksgiving sale .. small clutch bag for $30 and he told me: really?? $30 nine west? from hermes to nine west??.. and i hate when he did that to me lol

and i cannot find the price for exotic kelly wallet in the price shopping thread if anyone can help about this too, thank u

please please let me know your thought on this bearn wallet
thank u
Appleb- I understand how you feel about the price of wallets. H wallets are pretty astronomical in price. From what you wrote, I think you would feel more comfortable putting the $6k towards a kelly wallet you can use with farandole or even another kelly bag. I agree you will regret spending $6k on a wallet you will only use as a clutch occasionally. Personally, I use a ferragamo wallet and it's "only" $500.

Oh gosh, H exotic wallets are such a high price imo even though they are beautiful and unique. I was shown a Constance in BE croc and while it was stunning I could not get over the $12k price tag! I could buy another B or K for that cost. In the end, it all depends on what you think is worth your money and how much use you feel you would get out of this piece. Knowing myself, I just need a regular wallet that can handle everyday use and be thrown around in my purse. Heck up until two years ago I was using a Coach wallet that lasted me 10 years! I have a kelly long wallet and the farandole necklace combo, I must say I love it dearly and have used this consistently. In the end, you best know your lifestyle and how to spend your money.

skip the exotic bearn wallet!! save it to buy another H bag or put it towards something else more useful and substantial..and the exotic kelly long wallet will definitely be more expensive than the exotic bearn wallet..

Durable wallets: Bottega Veneta, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga,...etc. You can buy a wallet with pouch, with key pouch, with cosmetic bag, with ....all together under 6K. Save the money.

skip the exotic bearn wallet!! save it to buy another H bag or put it towards something else more useful and substantial..and the exotic kelly long wallet will definitely be more expensive than the exotic bearn wallet..

This! Wallets or clutch bags in exotics just don't make sense to me. The skin is too delicate to sustain such daily use and abuse on SLG.

I don't even think the Kelly wallet works that well as a clutch to be honest. If you are after a clutch, why not wait for a Kelly pochette? ;) I have one in orange Swift and I love it to bits. It adds such a great 'pop' to my evening outfits, and the colour is perfectly suitable for daytime use with the right outfit.