Advice please on SNAD item and damaged item?

percephonie

Trying to be good
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I just received a package from the US which contained 5 clothing items and 2 of them are not as described:

- The first one is a top that in the listing was white in colour and for some strange reason I got one in brown not white:wtf: (and the shape seems a bit different to the picture as well):confused1:

-The second top has tearing in the material at the bust where the neckline forms into a "V" shape and it was advertised as new...but I like it a lot and want to keep it.

My dilemma here is that the seller gave me free shipping only because she had a special promotion that said that if you buy 5 items or more she would provide free shipping.

So would you think it would be unreasonable of me to ask for a full refund on the brown top and I pay from my own pocket to send it back, and also a partial refund for the top with a rip?

TIA:flowers:

I think the first step is to explain you like the torn one and she may offer a partial refund. As for the one which is wrong colour just tell her and she may just send you the other free. You might have to send the brown one back. Hopefully dhe will offer shipping. Let the seller know quickly though, she will appreciate it.

Thank you moi et mes sacs:flowers:

So do you think it would be rude on my part to blatantly ask for a partial refund for the torn one?
I think it is a reasonable suggestion. Otherwise the seller may have to pay you to send it back and refund you. I know it can be difficult to ask these things, I am like that too. If you find it easier just initially tell her what has happened and offer to send pics of the damage. You will probably find she will offer herself. Personally I would give a full refund if it was $50 or less.

I think it is a reasonable suggestion. Otherwise the seller may have to pay you to send it back and refund you. I know it can be difficult to ask these things, I am like that too. If you find it easier just initially tell her what has happened and offer to send pics of the damage. You will probably find she will offer herself. Personally I would give a full refund if it was $50 or less.

I think I'll do exactly that (explain and show pics):yes::tup: Hopefully she'll offer a refund/exchange and partial refund...if not then I'll ask lol!

Thanx so much for the advice! I never know if what I'm suggesting might offend some people :P

I think I'll do exactly that (explain and show pics):yes::tup: Hopefully she'll offer a refund/exchange and partial refund...if not then I'll ask lol!

Thanx so much for the advice! I never know if what I'm suggesting might offend some people :P
I know what you mean, but a torn item can offend too.
Love your cat BTW. Is it Russian Blue?

I emailed the seller yesterday and she replied quite quickly but asked me which item I was talking about when I clearly provided the item number of both tops and even pictures in my email:confused1: which is very strange... I then replied stating the 2 item numbers and now have not received a reply after a day!

How long should I wait for a reply from her before going through ebay and filing SNAD? TIA:flowers:

I emailed the seller yesterday and she replied quite quickly but asked me which item I was talking about when I clearly provided the item number of both tops and even pictures in my email:confused1: which is very strange... I then replied stating the 2 item numbers and now have not received a reply after a day!

How long should I wait for a reply from her before going through ebay and filing SNAD? TIA:flowers:
Well the seller is in another time zone and she may have alot of enquiries to deal with. I would give her another day.

True, will wait another day:yes: Just found it a bit rude that she's able to send updated newsletters about newly discounted items in her store to me and not reply to my email:shrugs: ...unless her newsletters are automatic but I doubt that since the contents keep changing...? Am I just paranoid?

True, will wait another day:yes: Just found it a bit rude that she's able to send updated newsletters about newly discounted items in her store to me and not reply to my email:shrugs: ...unless her newsletters are automatic but I doubt that since the contents keep changing...? Am I just paranoid?
Well it is probably causing her a bit of stress so she may have put you a bit lower on her list of priorities. Not nice but that is how a lot of people work. If you dont hear by tomorrow jsut send a reminder. If she sells a lot she may be trawling through trying to work out if she accidentally shipped your top to someone else.

She just emailed me back telling me she can't do refunds since the tops were too below retail (but the torn one was still pricey $118!) and will only give me a 25% discount on the one that is the wrong colour (and of course the cheapest of the 2, it was $14)...

I'm not very happy with this decision so what can you advise me to tell her if I want a full refund for the brown and a discount for the $118 torn top she didn't even mention? Can I file significantly not as described for both through ebay to get the above...? Thanx!

I would cetainly file a claim. How awfully cheeky! The wrong colour is def not as described, two pics will show that. I wish someone else would chime in now. I am not the greatest at filing claims, I have only done it once.
I think you have a good chance to win the case but I think the shipping cost back will be at your expense.

I just read again. How cheeky. Everything is below retail on ebay else we would buy i shops. I cant undertand how she thinks she can get away with sending you the wrong colour!
You need to contact paypal.

Really appreciate all your advice moi et mes sacs :tup::love:Thanx so much!

I'll try to email her again and let her know that what offered is not good enough and explain what I would rather have, otherwise I'll just go through ebay and file a claim.