?

Would you keep it or return it?

1. Keep!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Return!

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Hello! I'm hoping that all you lovely ladies with more Chanel experience and knowledge can help me with this dilemma. :confused1:

I just recently acquired from NM this gorgeous mini in metallic lambskin in light silver/taupe, and in my excitement, I didn't realize until I got home that some of the stitching on the edges look exposed. :sad: It's like the stitching is too tight and I can see the holes where the thread is passing through and pulling against the leather. It's only in a few areas, and there are other areas when the stitching looks normal.

Is this considered a normal variant because of the handmade nature of these bags, or is this a defect? Does anyone know if this will affect the quality of the leather in the long-term? Does it make it more likely to peel or crack because of the exposed stitching? Would you keep it or return it (if exchange isn't possible)?

I love love love this bag otherwise, and I'm concerned I won't be able to exchange for the same color, but I also can't stand the thought of paying this much money for a bag that's going to fall apart after just a few years because of poor stitching. :crybaby:

Thanks for any advice you ladies can offer!

IMG_4590.JPG IMG_4591.JPG
    TheAnaVega likes this.
  2. I've looked at a few minis, and all of them sort of had this issue, so i think it's normal, but if it bothers you, you can ask your SA to see if there's another one you can choose from

fally likes this.
  3. Hi there lilmizviv, I am not sure if you can all other NM locations and ask SA if they can send you pics of their stock on the same areas of your piece that you've taken pics of so that you can know if it's a consistent issue. I have had my navy lambskin for 3 years and in certain areas it looks like yours but I've not used it either so I cannot attest to the fact that it will get worse with time / wear. Good luck and hope you get a better one if anything.

4. My mini is like but it doesn't bother me much. Mine is in white with light gold hardware and since it's hard to come by I kept it. It's ultimately your decision to keep or return. It would be an easy decision if it was black because those are so easy to find.

5. I think all minis have this issue to some degree, I just checked mine and it is not so obvious as it is black.

6. Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions! My SA said she'll check to see if she can find another one for me to exchange with. Fingers crossed - hopefully she can find one! It's reassuring at least that it seems like some other minis have similar findings and it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.