Advice please, help with my Polly :(

Lilylashes

Jul 30, 2009
Hiya girls,

I got a regular midnight polly push lock in august and if i'm honest i have rarely used her, maybe 8 times at the most as i know shes not an everyday type of bag!

I got her out of the dust bag today and noticed a huge amount of the gold coming off one side of the push lock, I have attached some pictures, has anyone else had this sort of problem and what should i do :sad: for £850 i expected much more!

23kddmw.jpg

34pe0wi.jpg

I'll get mine out and examine her. Haven't used her for a while and only a few times in total. Mulberry will refund postage if goods are returned under warranty. You have to ask though or they won't.

I have the smaller Polly and have used her lots of times and havent noticed any problems on the lock. Perhaps yours is a bit tight fitting and is scraping the sides when pushed in?

Hiya girls,

I got a regular midnight polly push lock in august and if i'm honest i have rarely used her, maybe 8 times at the most as i know shes not an everyday type of bag!

I got her out of the dust bag today and noticed a huge amount of the gold coming off one side of the push lock, I have attached some pictures, has anyone else had this sort of problem and what should i do :sad: for £850 i expected much more!

23kddmw.jpg

34pe0wi.jpg
Bigger picture so should be able to see better :smile:

2whp7c4.jpg

Oh dear... Haven't had mine long but that shouldn't happen...the only thing is I'm sure they won't be able to give you a new one... A they are sold out... Hope they can fix it..!!!

Oh dear... Haven't had mine long but that shouldn't happen...the only thing is I'm sure they won't be able to give you a new one... A they are sold out... Hope they can fix it..!!!

no im pretty sure they wont be able to replace it, fingers crossed for a new lock! otherwise i dont know what i'll do, i love her so much :sad:

I think they will replace the lock for you if it was sent to Shepton state that's what you want as you do not want to lose your bag. In the worst scenario i am sure you would get to keep your bag and get mulberry vouchers to compensate you, mulberry offer really good after sales service and I am sure they must have spare locks in stock.

I am so horrified with this. I've had two mulberry bags go in for repair, a three month old bayswater and a two day old Polly. I think Mulberry has really poor quality control and I won't be buying any more bags, please please kick up a stink about it because if we accept this, they really won't change their ways and will continue to produce poor quality bags, dissatisfied customers and high profits.

I would give them a call if you can, I've found Mulberry CS to be excellent but they're not always great at answering emails, the number is on the website: http://www.mulberry.com/#/customerservices/returnsrepairs/repairs/ I've had to send my Alexa back a couple of times and they've always dealt with the problem quickly. My other bags have all been excellent though, no problems whatsoever and they've had a lot of use, I guess every now and again one slips through the net. I hope they can sort it out for you, it's such a gorgeous bag.

I am so horrified with this. I've had two mulberry bags go in for repair, a three month old bayswater and a two day old Polly. I think Mulberry has really poor quality control and I won't be buying any more bags, please please kick up a stink about it because if we accept this, they really won't change their ways and will continue to produce poor quality bags, dissatisfied customers and high profits.

My mum bought me a new season bag the new colours for next year yesterday and the first one they bought out had a big blue mark on the front how the hell had they missed that in quality control when i saw it straight away right on the front

^^ Sometimes I think it's the stores fault for things like that, I was after a Daria laptop case from Brown Thomas and when I asked for one from the stock room the SA brought a pile out that weren't in their dust bags and honestly looked like they'd just been chucked in a corner. Every single one had a scratch or indentations from the plaque of the one underneath it, I didn't get one in the end, I couldn't believe their disregard for such expensive items.