Advice please....H story of my life, unexpected H. offer, B in Etain phw...yes or no?

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

This is going to be long, I am sorry in advance for that but I just wanted to share the H.story of my life which will also prove dat H. miracles do exist :P.
When it comes to H., I have been a good girl lately. Except that I am still looking for two specific CDC's, I wasn't looking for a new bag atm.
So last week the phone rang and it was Hermès. Not an uncommon scenario for me, but this time it was a boutique where I rarely shop because the location is not really close to me.
Imagine my stunned look when the SM on the phone said: "You once were at our boutique where you told us you would love to have a red Birkin with ghw one day. I have one for you." Me: completely speechless. Especially because this scenario happened 5 years ago!! 5 years ago, I did visit that boutique, chatted about H. and mentioned I would like to have a red B. with ghw one day. Never placed an order and completely forgot about it, until this phone call...5 years later :nuts:.

But I already have a red B. so I thanked the SM for his offer and told him I already have one. I was still surprised and found the whole situation quite amusing, because I never expected this after 5 years.
It gets even better....the SM continued: "Is there perhaps another bag you would be interested in?"
I did not really think about that lately, and although Etain has crossed my mind more than once, I wasn't 100% sure yet.
So I mentioned I might would be interested in an Etain B or K next year.
Little did I know what would happen then....
The SM answered: "Well, I have a 30 Etain B in Togo for you with phw, if you like." At that point I was completely in shock haha, could not see that one coming :eek:!
The SM sent me two pics of the bag and gave me some time to think about it. But I can't make up my mind and won't be able to visit this boutique soon, at least not before the holidays.

So I could definitely use some advice here. I remember I once looked at Etain at my home boutique, but my SA there never liked it, thought it was too masculine looking.
Current batch of Etain seems to have a bit more warmth in it, based on the pictures I've seen.
But, I can't find out how it looks in full sunlight. I saw this closed listing on VC of an Etain B, but there it looks close to Gris T. in full sunlight (picture nr 2): http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...grey-birkin-leather-tote-hermes-2862056.shtml
While I also saw pictures of Christina Milian with an Etain Birkin, that seems to look darker in sunlight (but this was an older batch of Etain though).
I definitely could use and enjoy a darker neutral in 30 size, where I don't have to worry about signs of dirt. Like I do with my Gris T. B that doesn't get worn often at all because of the light color. Hence the reason that I wonder if Etain looks like Gris T. in full sunlight, because I rather prefer it looks a lot darker even in full sunlight.
Other neutrals I have is Black 35 B with phw (but would like a darker neutral in a smaller size as well), Garden Party MM in dark green tweed/black Fjord and a 32 Blue Colvert Kelly phw which is also a neutral to me.
My pop colors are Sanguine 30 B ghw and Rouge Casaque with Anemone lining 30 B ghw.

If I decide to get this B., it might be my last Birkin. Or maybe just one more in the future if a color blows my mind.
I would like another Kelly as well and perhaps a Bolide somewere in the far future. I love 30 B size, but if I get this B., I feel I have enough B's as I don't want a big collection. Besides, I really appreciate shoulder straps lately, hence the choice for another K and/or a Bolide in the future. However, I think I prefer Etain with phw in a B vs a K or Bolide. Unless it would be a special order, and while I did a SO at my home boutique in the past, I have no guarantee they will offer me another one. Even if they did, I have no idea about what could look nice with Etain.
I know I would wear Etain far more often than Gris T., because it's a darker color. I might would even wear it more than my Black 35 B., because I simply prefer 30 B for me (but selling Black 35 B is not an option as this bag still works for me when I need to carry lots of items. And Black 35 B is the only 35 B I have).

What do you think? Would this Etain Togo 30 B with phw a good add to my humble H, bag collection, or not?
Etain Togo owners (especially Etain from this year), can you please post a pic of your Etain in sunlight? Does it look like the picture on VC in sunlight?
I don't want to make an impulsive purchase, so all advice is welcome.
If I had a giant money tree, I would buy it...but alas, I have not :P. Which means I need a ticket to Ban Island once again if I decide to buy this bag, but what else is new lol :angel:.

Wishing you all a great holiday season and thank you in advance for your advice :heart:.

Reactions: prepster
What a lovely surprise offer dear Chanel, as you know i am a fan of etain, esp the recent batch of etain bags this year.

I will take it if i were you. Neutral bags go with everything and is timeless. You have a dark neutral but in a different size. You know the b30 works for you and etain togo phw is lovely, and fits a void in your collection. As we know with H, it is not easy for the right combo to show up and even if it does in future, the color might appear different. We can be banned from H together :giggle:

Look forward to seeing pics from members who have a recent etain bag!

Reactions: **Chanel**
U will use etain B a lot, nothing to do with Gris T , it is much darker without any undertones, works with virtually any wardrobe. I only have evie in clemence and hesitated before to buy gris t, so happy i waited for etain. And fits nicEly in your collection. Good luck!

I would go for it! I really like etain, it is much darker than Gris T and looks great with phw. I'm afraid you'll regret it if you let it pass. I know it's a tough call if you don't get to see it IRL but IMO the second picture on VC makes the color look lighter than it is.

Hi all,

This is going to be long, I am sorry in advance for that but I just wanted to share the H.story of my life which will also prove dat H. miracles do exist :P.
When it comes to H., I have been a good girl lately. Except that I am still looking for two specific CDC's, I wasn't looking for a new bag atm.
So last week the phone rang and it was Hermès. Not an uncommon scenario for me, but this time it was a boutique where I rarely shop because the location is not really close to me.
Imagine my stunned look when the SM on the phone said: "You once were at our boutique where you told us you would love to have a red Birkin with ghw one day. I have one for you." Me: completely speechless. Especially because this scenario happened 5 years ago!! 5 years ago, I did visit that boutique, chatted about H. and mentioned I would like to have a red B. with ghw one day. Never placed an order and completely forgot about it, until this phone call...5 years later :nuts:.

But I already have a red B. so I thanked the SM for his offer and told him I already have one. I was still surprised and found the whole situation quite amusing, because I never expected this after 5 years.
It gets even better....the SM continued: "Is there perhaps another bag you would be interested in?"
I did not really think about that lately, and although Etain has crossed my mind more than once, I wasn't 100% sure yet.
So I mentioned I might would be interested in an Etain B or K next year.
Little did I know what would happen then....
The SM answered: "Well, I have a 30 Etain B in Togo for you with phw, if you like." At that point I was completely in shock haha, could not see that one coming :eek:!
The SM sent me two pics of the bag and gave me some time to think about it. But I can't make up my mind and won't be able to visit this boutique soon, at least not before the holidays.

So I could definitely use some advice here. I remember I once looked at Etain at my home boutique, but my SA there never liked it, thought it was too masculine looking.
Current batch of Etain seems to have a bit more warmth in it, based on the pictures I've seen.
But, I can't find out how it looks in full sunlight. I saw this closed listing on VC of an Etain B, but there it looks close to Gris T. in full sunlight (picture nr 2): http://www.vestiairecollective.com/...grey-birkin-leather-tote-hermes-2862056.shtml
While I also saw pictures of Christina Milian with an Etain Birkin, that seems to look darker in sunlight (but this was an older batch of Etain though).
I definitely could use and enjoy a darker neutral in 30 size, where I don't have to worry about signs of dirt. Like I do with my Gris T. B that doesn't get worn often at all because of the light color. Hence the reason that I wonder if Etain looks like Gris T. in full sunlight, because I rather prefer it looks a lot darker even in full sunlight.
Other neutrals I have is Black 35 B with phw (but would like a darker neutral in a smaller size as well), Garden Party MM in dark green tweed/black Fjord and a 32 Blue Colvert Kelly phw which is also a neutral to me.
My pop colors are Sanguine 30 B ghw and Rouge Casaque with Anemone lining 30 B ghw.

If I decide to get this B., it might be my last Birkin. Or maybe just one more in the future if a color blows my mind.
I would like another Kelly as well and perhaps a Bolide somewere in the far future. I love 30 B size, but if I get this B., I feel I have enough B's as I don't want a big collection. Besides, I really appreciate shoulder straps lately, hence the choice for another K and/or a Bolide in the future. However, I think I prefer Etain with phw in a B vs a K or Bolide. Unless it would be a special order, and while I did a SO at my home boutique in the past, I have no guarantee they will offer me another one. Even if they did, I have no idea about what could look nice with Etain.
I know I would wear Etain far more often than Gris T., because it's a darker color. I might would even wear it more than my Black 35 B., because I simply prefer 30 B for me (but selling Black 35 B is not an option as this bag still works for me when I need to carry lots of items. And Black 35 B is the only 35 B I have).

What do you think? Would this Etain Togo 30 B with phw a good add to my humble H, bag collection, or not?
Etain Togo owners (especially Etain from this year), can you please post a pic of your Etain in sunlight? Does it look like the picture on VC in sunlight?
I don't want to make an impulsive purchase, so all advice is welcome.
If I had a giant money tree, I would buy it...but alas, I have not :P. Which means I need a ticket to Ban Island once again if I decide to buy this bag, but what else is new lol :angel:.

Wishing you all a great holiday season and thank you in advance for your advice :heart:.

Questions:

Would you just be getting it to be getting it?
Do you actually want another neutral Birkin or do you want a pop color?
With what outfits would you wear this Birkin that cannot currently be covered by your Black, Red, or Gris T Birkins?
Do you need another Birkin or do you need a different style of bag?

Lol, I have no answers, just thinking of some good questions that might help you decide. :smile:

I love etain! Even though I love phw, I prefer ghw with etain because I love grey and gold together. But that is just my preference. I still think it's lovely with phw. Good luck!