advice please can i make them shorter ?

cindy74

loubi lover
Oct 9, 2009
I have got my ron rons 100 calf patent in barbie pink (cant post any pics because my bf has cam whit him in afganistan )
Now can a clobber make the heels a little shorter ? I cant walk in them and i refuse to sell them .
Im gonne try the sock tick because they are a little tight does calf patent stretsh a lot ? I really hope so thanks for the help

I don't think making the heels shorter will work, it will throw out the entire balance of the shoe, surely? :confused1:

When you've got the shoe on your foot with the sock, try giving the toe box a blast of hot air with a hairdryer as well to help with the stretching.

Actually, a few TPFers have shortened the heel before and reported good results. I'm blanking on their names though :Push: But IIRC, they said that it could only be shortened a little bit... like maybe 10-15mm at the most.

I would work on stretching them first before worrying about the heel height - a shoe that is too tight will always be hard to walk in. Once they are broken in, the height may feel more managable as your foot will be able to sit properly in the shoe.

yep, that's what you do. why don't you just practice wearing them? if you shorten the heel it's going to make the shoe look off. 100mm is super sexy but it's still manageable.

I think that a good cobbler would let you know if shortening the heel would work on a particular style of shoe. I would guess that it works on some, but not on others. If shortening the heel isn't an option for you OP, you could always wear them around the house a lot. You might be surprised at how the comfort level can change after you've "practiced" walking in the regularly.