Advice please: Buy Galet or Gris Poivre?

pearberri

Aug 17, 2009
So many of you have lovely Galet bags! I really like the color but also like the new Gris Poivre. I have one black Bal now. Do any of you have the Galet and Gris Poivre? (I've seen related threads but not on these exact colors.)

If the condition of the Galet is excellent, which color do you think is good for daily use? Or does it matter? Would love any thoughts you have today. Thank you!

I love my galet..its a perfect neutral..the 09 leather was stunning..and i like the light sheen to the leather....the gris poivre leather seems very flat....its a nice colour..but am not a big fan of the leather texture..although it looks as though the gris poivre may prove to be more hard wearing....good luck deciding..

I love my galet..its a perfect neutral..the 09 leather was stunning..and i like the light sheen to the leather....the gris poivre leather seems very flat....its a nice colour..but am not a big fan of the leather texture..although it looks as though the gris poivre may prove to be more hard wearing....good luck deciding..
I didn't know there was a difference in leather texture. This helps, thank you. :smile:

i owned both and i personally prefer poivre because:
1)leather is wrinkly and nicely distressed
2) it is a tone darker than galet ,so less prone to dirt
3) it is a warm grey with brown undertones that i really love

i owned both and i personally prefer poivre because:
1)leather is wrinkly and nicely distressed
2) it is a tone darker than galet ,so less prone to dirt
3) it is a warm grey with brown undertones that i really love

do you think GP is as neutral as anthra? I'm concerned I will have to return my anthra RGGH and wondering whether to 'replace' it with gris poivre....although it would have to be miniGH!

do you think GP is as neutral as anthra? I'm concerned I will have to return my anthra RGGH and wondering whether to 'replace' it with gris poivre....although it would have to be miniGH!
hmmm it is neutral but if you need a true grey bag ,i'd say no(poivre is very taupe!!)ohh i am sorry for your anthra (just read your thread!) , definitely return it and wait for another anthra rggh , it is a spectacular combo!

The Gris Poivre I've seen is not flat. It has all been very nicely wrinkled and it does have a sheen to it. Here is a photo of mine. The color is a bit off as the photo was taken at night under artificial light, but you can see the leather fairly well.

Attachments

• gris reduced.JPG
    gris reduced.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 8,859
image-485758204.png

I have attached a photo of my gris poivre weekender and the leather is def not flat it is very distressed and textured. Hope this helps your decision!

The Gris Poivre I've seen is not flat. It has all been very nicely wrinkled and it does have a sheen to it. Here is a photo of mine. The color is a bit off as the photo was taken at night under artificial light, but you can see the leather fairly well.
agree that it is not flat at all:drool: one of the best leather i've ever seen!
congrats on your city

ae106 your weekender is tdf!

the galet with sgh was really nice. i saw the comparison picture here somewhere between that and papyrus. (i think it was sandysandiego's bag). if i can find one i will get it. however, i have a thing for the gris poivre too since i sold my papyrus. i guess whichever comes first. please post pics if your galet!

That gris poivre is stunning...the one i saw was in hamilton leather..hence it seemed like a flat colour in a grainier texture.....i prefer the distressed chewy lambskin....