Advice Please: Are pointy shoes still in fashion?

To me, this is kind of like asking, "Are pencil skirts 'in'?" They will always cycle in and out of fashion fad as the hot new thing of the season, but they will always remain classic. Point toed shoes are as elegant and feminine as almond or round toed shoes, imo, and not inherently more sexy or trashy than any other toebox. In fact, it could be argued that point toed shoes are as Upper East Side as one can get in the shoe world, as Mr. Blahnik, a favorite of the ladies-who-lunch crowd, has sworn that he will never stop making his classic, point toed, 70mm and 85mm pumps and slingbacks.

OP, wear them proudly!

This is OT, but I love that Anna Wintour avatar! :roflmfao:

To me, this is kind of like asking, "Are pencil skirts 'in'?" They will always cycle in and out of fashion fad as the hot new thing of the season, but they will always remain classic. Point toed shoes are as elegant and feminine as almond or round toed shoes, imo, and not inherently more sexy or trashy than any other toebox. In fact, it could be argued that point toed shoes are as Upper East Side as one can get in the shoe world, as Mr. Blahnik, a favorite of the ladies-who-lunch crowd, has sworn that he will never stop making his classic, point toed, 70mm and 85mm pumps and slingbacks.

OP, wear them proudly!

i'm still wearing my christian louboutin "pretty women" this fall/winter so I think point shoes are fine depending on what kind of outfits you wear with it.

Yes sure they're still in, have a look at different brands websites and you'll see. I just bought this pair last month High Heels

Don't know how to put the picture in there that's why I set you the link :smile: Hope that helps!

Moderate pointy-toes are very cute. But it's those suuuper long and pointy shoes that gross me out.

I definitely agree! I had to get rid of my super long pointy pumps; I wear a size 9 so they really only worked for one season or so. Another example of where I sacrificed style for "fashion".

I'm loving the new shorter point. I have the Ivanka ***** Indico pumps in several colors, and they are so flattering, and very comfortable. Also some of the sexiest shoes I own, which is interesting considering how low the heel is. Sometimes less is more.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ivanka-*****-indico-pump/3138209

I only wish I could wear pointy flats. But having larger feet I always look ridiculous in pointy flats!

35kvko2.jpg

5aj2vq.jpg