Advice on which hotels are best in Paris & Rome

lordguinny

O.G.
May 16, 2006
My hubby and I are traveling to Paris/Rome in October and would like to know what the best hotels to stay at are. We would like to be in the city close to walking distance of the sites (or near transportation). Thank you! :flowers:

Jennifer Marvin said:
for Paris, I would really say that it depends on your budget, can you give me some idea? How many stars or what nightly rate?

Hi Jennifer,

We don't have a budget but would like to keep it between $200-$500 if possible. Anything above 4 stars, near restaurants/theatre would be ideal.

lordguinny said:
Hi Jennifer,

We don't have a budget but would like to keep it between $200-$500 if possible. Anything above 4 stars, near restaurants/theatre would be ideal.

I guess that means the Bristol and the George V are out. Let me have a think.:yes:

I second the recommendation of tripadvisor. it is so helpful. Ok, so normally I'm an anal trip planner and I go from fodors & frommers and see what they recommend and then I compare to the trip advisor ones. In Rome, I'd stay near the Spanish Steps, but I don't have a specific hotel recommendation... you'll find a lot of nice ones in that area and it is pretty good for walking almost everywhere.

In Paris, I stay at the "Chateau Frontenac" It falls into your price category. one block from the Champs Elysees (and flagship LV store) I get a price which includes breakfast. The best location for an affordable luxury hotel - Check it out - Haven't been in Rome in a few years so I don't know rates - Check the Fromer guide, that's my favorite. I have a N.Y. connection for land deals, so if your flight is taken care of, PM me and I will pass it on to you.

i went to rome last summer and stayed at hotel nord nuova roma. Its only a 3 star but it had a great location near the train station and resturants. It was also very clean and had a classic look to it.

I loved Le Bristol in Paris and Piranesi in Rome. The piranesi is a four star at piazza del popolo (in via del Babuino, one of the best shopping streets in Rome) near the Hotel de Russie (5star), Eden and Hassler (5) are also very nice but I think Piranesi is very budget and quality friendly!