Advice On Two Dream Bags

I have the silver Hailey, got her with my PCE back in December and have used her regularly (well ok I admit I moved in the day I got her and haven't moved out!!!) for over a month and no problems. Sprayed with apple guarde before use and I have not had any issues. I am so in love with this purse. I now am on the hunt for cherry Hailey!!!

Off topic here, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Hailey in the teal croc. Ah, we can all dream can't we??

Can you link me to the apple guard? So I can use it on my purple hailey? and i love a teal hailey, a nice deep yet blue teal would be awesome. I am not a croc fan though, but do see the appeal, but man a nice blue or green tone would be amazing!

Can you link me to the apple guard? So I can use it on my purple hailey? and i love a teal hailey, a nice deep yet blue teal would be awesome. I am not a croc fan though, but do see the appeal, but man a nice blue or green tone would be amazing!

I have read and read tons of posts on here about apple guarde and the raves people had, so I finally gave in a bought some and I have many positives to say about it as well! I found mine on amazon, I got a combo back of repellant, conditioner, and cleaner, but here is a link for a 3 pack of just the repellant to "pre-treat" your bags. http://www.amazon.com/Garde-Rain-St...FGTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326231381&sr=8-1

You can also do a search on amazon or google shop or various other online shops. I also know some people have found it in stores nearby them as well (burlington coat and various other leather shops).

It did not change the appearance of my bag at all, nor the texture. To me, when I use this product I do not even notice I put it on my bag (other than it repels stains and water, etc!!!).

I am with you on the Hailey as wel being in a nice deep blue or green tone. We can always hope!!!! :smile:

I have read and read tons of posts on here about apple guarde and the raves people had, so I finally gave in a bought some and I have many positives to say about it as well! I found mine on amazon, I got a combo back of repellant, conditioner, and cleaner, but here is a link for a 3 pack of just the repellant to "pre-treat" your bags. http://www.amazon.com/Garde-Rain-St...FGTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326231381&sr=8-1

You can also do a search on amazon or google shop or various other online shops. I also know some people have found it in stores nearby them as well (burlington coat and various other leather shops).

It did not change the appearance of my bag at all, nor the texture. To me, when I use this product I do not even notice I put it on my bag (other than it repels stains and water, etc!!!).

I am with you on the Hailey as wel being in a nice deep blue or green tone. We can always hope!!!! :smile:

Thanks SO much for your help!

I love both colors in Hailey, but I'm voting for red...mainly because if it were me, I'd be so worried about the silver peeling off from rubbing that I'd probably be afraid to carry it. I like to know that I can carry my bags, and trust them to remain durable under normal conditions. I think the red Hailey would stand the test of time more so than the silver.

But get what you think suits YOU best; both colors are gorgeous!

My plum Hailey did this as well.....how funny I had them fix it and it's perfect in color and looks great but it took a very long time to get back. I can't believe a few of us have had the stitching come undone. That sounds like a defeat almost in the making of the bag.

Hey Ladies, Happy New Year,

So this is the deal, I have a purple Hailey, I love it, it actually just ripped a little on the handle. I was debating sending it back to Coach and getting it fixed, this would be the second time, but I hate having to wait 6 weeks for my favorite bag, I might go to a repair place and just get it done, I can't imagine it will be that pricey, its just unstiched (is that a word...? haha) I'll let you know how it goes, if anyones lives in NYC and has been to Village Tannery let me know! Its the infamous place on Bleecker.

Rambling.

Ok, so I want the red Hailey, BADLY. But I also want the Silver Metallic Hailey, BADLY. The red one is out of stock and the silver is an online exclusive. I won't have money to buy two bags just like that so I am leaning towards the silver since its already there and my birthday is in about 2 weeks.

Should I risk this? Or should I hunt for the red? How is the gunmental holding up? From what I can guess the Hailey would be the same metallic as the new Sophia ones.

Any advice? ...:smile:

I have the Madison Shoulder Bag in gun-metal and have had zero issues. I have yet to treat it but just have not gotten around to getting the beloved apple product. I vote silver; I think you will get more use out of it. Yes, red is a fun pop of color but not impossible to get your hands on so go with your gut and get that b-day gift. BTW, happy early b-day!!

The metallic is gorgeous! I have the matching medium wallet and its more striking in person I can promise you that! However, a while back I had the bronze metallic kristin, and the metallic wore off on the shoulder strap, the crossbow strap leather cracked, and I was devastated. From my experience the metallics do fade and peel. I've noticed on my metallic wallet the pull strap is experiencing some fading as well, but just a tad. I ended up getting a credit for a new bag. If you get the metallic hailey, just be careful, and keep an eye on her. Good luck!!

I have the silver Hailey, got her with my PCE back in December and have used her regularly (well ok I admit I moved in the day I got her and haven't moved out!!!) for over a month and no problems. Sprayed with apple guarde before use and I have not had any issues. I am so in love with this purse. I now am on the hunt for cherry Hailey!!!

Off topic here, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Hailey in the teal croc. Ah, we can all dream can't we??

OMG THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!! sigh...

I have the Madison Shoulder Bag in gun-metal and have had zero issues. I have yet to treat it but just have not gotten around to getting the beloved apple product. I vote silver; I think you will get more use out of it. Yes, red is a fun pop of color but not impossible to get your hands on so go with your gut and get that b-day gift. BTW, happy early b-day!!

Thanks! Yea I really like it as well..

Bad News, I called my favorite SA looking for the red bag and no dice. She said the warehouse is not making them anymore, and she looked around in stores, said it was sold out. Sigh.