Advice On Two Dream Bags

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
Hey Ladies, Happy New Year,

So this is the deal, I have a purple Hailey, I love it, it actually just ripped a little on the handle. I was debating sending it back to Coach and getting it fixed, this would be the second time, but I hate having to wait 6 weeks for my favorite bag, I might go to a repair place and just get it done, I can't imagine it will be that pricey, its just unstiched (is that a word...? haha) I'll let you know how it goes, if anyones lives in NYC and has been to Village Tannery let me know! Its the infamous place on Bleecker.

Rambling.

Ok, so I want the red Hailey, BADLY. But I also want the Silver Metallic Hailey, BADLY. The red one is out of stock and the silver is an online exclusive. I won't have money to buy two bags just like that so I am leaning towards the silver since its already there and my birthday is in about 2 weeks.

Should I risk this? Or should I hunt for the red? How is the gunmental holding up? From what I can guess the Hailey would be the same metallic as the new Sophia ones.

Any advice? ...:smile:

That's a hard choice, but I'd be worried about the gunmetal's durability so I would hold out for the red.

On your purple Hailey, I had some stiching start to come undone on my Walnut Hailey and when I showed it to my SA at the boutique he said Coach would reimburse me up to something like $25 if I took it to the local cobbler on the store's list. I did take it, and it cost about $10, but I wasn't happy with the result (not horrible, just not great, even though this cobbler has a good reputation locally), so my SA swapped it out for a completely new bag and so I never submitted the $10 for reimbursement. But you may want to check with your boutique to see if they offer reimbursement as well and if they have a recommended cobbler.

That's a hard choice, but I'd be worried about the gunmetal's durability so I would hold out for the red.

On your purple Hailey, I had some stiching start to come undone on my Walnut Hailey and when I showed it to my SA at the boutique he said Coach would reimburse me up to something like $25 if I took it to the local cobbler on the store's list. I did take it, and it cost about $10, but I wasn't happy with the result (not horrible, just not great, even though this cobbler has a good reputation locally), so my SA swapped it out for a completely new bag and so I never submitted the $10 for reimbursement. But you may want to check with your boutique to see if they offer reimbursement as well and if they have a recommended cobbler.

Oh, I didn't even know they did this! That is awesome, well Village Tannery is legendary here in NYC, its one those been here forever, they sell their own bags (too pricey...) but I know people that have had the bag for like 18 years. Its insane. So thats the only place I would go.

But thanks! I had no idea!

I actually like the silver better only cause I am more of a silver girl, but I am terrified at this gunmental. My dream bag is the red hailey with silver. LoL

The gunmetal is so versatile, so I'd go for that. I hardly ever wear red and while it would be a nice statement bag, I'd personally rather get a bag I'd get some more use out of.

I'm not sure which red you are talking about, but I have the cherry with gold hardware (in my avatar) and I think it's adorable!! Every time I try it on I'm amazed at just how pretty it is. I know some people think it's too much of an orangey red, but I just love it.

The gunmetal is also pretty to be sure so it's not an easy decision.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I would try to find a red one. I had a gunmetal Abigail for a month and it started peeling. I ended up returning it for something else. I love metallics, but I can not deal with the quality issues on such expensive bags.

The gunmetal is so versatile, so I'd go for that. I hardly ever wear red and while it would be a nice statement bag, I'd personally rather get a bag I'd get some more use out of.

yea, I saw the Sophia in Metallic and almost died. I loved it. I want the red mostly because, well I love the color, and Coach rarely does red ...SO red. I love it.

My only concern is the metals, on both of them to be honest.

I would try to find a red one. I had a gunmetal Abigail for a month and it started peeling. I ended up returning it for something else. I love metallics, but I can not deal with the quality issues on such expensive bags.

Really? The metal? or the leather?

I really like the silver with the gunmetal hardware. I would be so bummed. Thing is I had the sophia with brass and that peeled. Just can't win.

mariak16 said:

Wss. I vote go for the red!!!

I'm not sure which red you are talking about, but I have the cherry with gold hardware (in my avatar) and I think it's adorable!! Every time I try it on I'm amazed at just how pretty it is. I know some people think it's too much of an orangey red, but I just love it.

The gunmetal is also pretty to be sure so it's not an easy decision.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

thats the one! I love it, it so pretty! But its out of stock on coach now, and I love the silver just as much, its more so the metal I am worried about.

yea, I saw the Sophia in Metallic and almost died. I loved it. I want the red mostly because, well I love the color, and Coach rarely does red ...SO red. I love it.

My only concern is the metals, on both of them to be honest.

So here's my next thought... if it's a red that you simply adore then get the red. I've seen Coach do other shades simliar to ones I've liked but it never seems completely replicated. Right now I am coveting the Orchid.... Just saw it IRL and it is perfect for me. I am going to have to get something in it or I will kick myself. If you feel that way about this red and it's your favorite bag style get it. I have a few Sabrinas because I couldn't get enough of the style. So glad I did because now it is gone.

i vote red! i have a hailey myself (not in red/cherry, though) and it's a wonderful bag :smile: cherry, i have seen in the lindsey-form and it is saturated and gorgeous- so cheery and the size would be great to add a little pop of color to any outfit youre wearing! is it sold out online? :sad: maybe call your store's SA asap and have them check the system for cherry hailey bags across the country! that's how i snagged a large black marielle, long-gone from the site but 12 were floating around the u.s. and i had a store across the coast ship it to me!

So here's my next thought... if it's a red that you simply adore then get the red. I've seen Coach do other shades simliar to ones I've liked but it never seems completely replicated. Right now I am coveting the Orchid.... Just saw it IRL and it is perfect for me. I am going to have to get something in it or I will kick myself. If you feel that way about this red and it's your favorite bag style get it. I have a few Sabrinas because I couldn't get enough of the style. So glad I did because now it is gone.

Yea. Def. I agree, I have wanted another Hailey for a while...but I really like both equally...UGH. I just love that silver though, but I am scared it will peel or whatever.

Really? The metal? or the leather?

I really like the silver with the gunmetal hardware. I would be so bummed. Thing is I had the sophia with brass and that peeled. Just can't win.
The leather started peeling. A friend of mine had the Maggie and hers did the same thing. She ended up exchanging hers about the same time I did. Both of us had them about a month. Here is a link to the thread I started about it. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/problem-with-my-metallic-abigail-advice-please-722538.html

I have the silver Hailey, got her with my PCE back in December and have used her regularly (well ok I admit I moved in the day I got her and haven't moved out!!!) for over a month and no problems. Sprayed with apple guarde before use and I have not had any issues. I am so in love with this purse. I now am on the hunt for cherry Hailey!!!

Off topic here, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Hailey in the teal croc. Ah, we can all dream can't we??