Advice On Two Dream Bags

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
Hey Ladies, Happy New Year,

So this is the deal, I have a purple Hailey, I love it, it actually just ripped a little on the handle. I was debating sending it back to Coach and getting it fixed, this would be the second time, but I hate having to wait 6 weeks for my favorite bag, I might go to a repair place and just get it done, I can't imagine it will be that pricey, its just unstiched (is that a word...? haha) I'll let you know how it goes, if anyones lives in NYC and has been to Village Tannery let me know! Its the infamous place on Bleecker.

Rambling.

Ok, so I want the red Hailey, BADLY. But I also want the Silver Metallic Hailey, BADLY. The red one is out of stock and the silver is an online exclusive. I won't have money to buy two bags just like that so I am leaning towards the silver since its already there and my birthday is in about 2 weeks.

Should I risk this? Or should I hunt for the red? How is the gunmental holding up? From what I can guess the Hailey would be the same metallic as the new Sophia ones.

Any advice? ...:smile:

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
That's a hard choice, but I'd be worried about the gunmetal's durability so I would hold out for the red.

On your purple Hailey, I had some stiching start to come undone on my Walnut Hailey and when I showed it to my SA at the boutique he said Coach would reimburse me up to something like $25 if I took it to the local cobbler on the store's list. I did take it, and it cost about $10, but I wasn't happy with the result (not horrible, just not great, even though this cobbler has a good reputation locally), so my SA swapped it out for a completely new bag and so I never submitted the $10 for reimbursement. But you may want to check with your boutique to see if they offer reimbursement as well and if they have a recommended cobbler.

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
That's a hard choice, but I'd be worried about the gunmetal's durability so I would hold out for the red.

On your purple Hailey, I had some stiching start to come undone on my Walnut Hailey and when I showed it to my SA at the boutique he said Coach would reimburse me up to something like $25 if I took it to the local cobbler on the store's list. I did take it, and it cost about $10, but I wasn't happy with the result (not horrible, just not great, even though this cobbler has a good reputation locally), so my SA swapped it out for a completely new bag and so I never submitted the $10 for reimbursement. But you may want to check with your boutique to see if they offer reimbursement as well and if they have a recommended cobbler.
Oh, I didn't even know they did this! That is awesome, well Village Tannery is legendary here in NYC, its one those been here forever, they sell their own bags (too pricey...) but I know people that have had the bag for like 18 years. Its insane. So thats the only place I would go.

But thanks! I had no idea!

I actually like the silver better only cause I am more of a silver girl, but I am terrified at this gunmental. My dream bag is the red hailey with silver. LoL

livestar23

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
The gunmetal is so versatile, so I'd go for that. I hardly ever wear red and while it would be a nice statement bag, I'd personally rather get a bag I'd get some more use out of.

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
Canada
I'm not sure which red you are talking about, but I have the cherry with gold hardware (in my avatar) and I think it's adorable!! Every time I try it on I'm amazed at just how pretty it is. I know some people think it's too much of an orangey red, but I just love it.

The gunmetal is also pretty to be sure so it's not an easy decision.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

mariak16

Jan 25, 2011
N. California
I would try to find a red one. I had a gunmetal Abigail for a month and it started peeling. I ended up returning it for something else. I love metallics, but I can not deal with the quality issues on such expensive bags.

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
The gunmetal is so versatile, so I'd go for that. I hardly ever wear red and while it would be a nice statement bag, I'd personally rather get a bag I'd get some more use out of.
yea, I saw the Sophia in Metallic and almost died. I loved it. I want the red mostly because, well I love the color, and Coach rarely does red ...SO red. I love it.

My only concern is the metals, on both of them to be honest.

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
I would try to find a red one. I had a gunmetal Abigail for a month and it started peeling. I ended up returning it for something else. I love metallics, but I can not deal with the quality issues on such expensive bags.
Really? The metal? or the leather?

I really like the silver with the gunmetal hardware. I would be so bummed. Thing is I had the sophia with brass and that peeled. Just can't win.

Gmag75

Dec 17, 2011
mariak16 said:
Wss. I vote go for the red!!!

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
I'm not sure which red you are talking about, but I have the cherry with gold hardware (in my avatar) and I think it's adorable!! Every time I try it on I'm amazed at just how pretty it is. I know some people think it's too much of an orangey red, but I just love it.

The gunmetal is also pretty to be sure so it's not an easy decision.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
thats the one! I love it, it so pretty! But its out of stock on coach now, and I love the silver just as much, its more so the metal I am worried about.

livestar23

O.G.
Oct 11, 2006
yea, I saw the Sophia in Metallic and almost died. I loved it. I want the red mostly because, well I love the color, and Coach rarely does red ...SO red. I love it.

My only concern is the metals, on both of them to be honest.
So here's my next thought... if it's a red that you simply adore then get the red. I've seen Coach do other shades simliar to ones I've liked but it never seems completely replicated. Right now I am coveting the Orchid.... Just saw it IRL and it is perfect for me. I am going to have to get something in it or I will kick myself. If you feel that way about this red and it's your favorite bag style get it. I have a few Sabrinas because I couldn't get enough of the style. So glad I did because now it is gone.

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
icky city
i vote red! i have a hailey myself (not in red/cherry, though) and it's a wonderful bag :smile: cherry, i have seen in the lindsey-form and it is saturated and gorgeous- so cheery and the size would be great to add a little pop of color to any outfit youre wearing! is it sold out online? :sad: maybe call your store's SA asap and have them check the system for cherry hailey bags across the country! that's how i snagged a large black marielle, long-gone from the site but 12 were floating around the u.s. and i had a store across the coast ship it to me!

LunaLove

@LunaPrat
Mar 15, 2011
NYC
So here's my next thought... if it's a red that you simply adore then get the red. I've seen Coach do other shades simliar to ones I've liked but it never seems completely replicated. Right now I am coveting the Orchid.... Just saw it IRL and it is perfect for me. I am going to have to get something in it or I will kick myself. If you feel that way about this red and it's your favorite bag style get it. I have a few Sabrinas because I couldn't get enough of the style. So glad I did because now it is gone.
Yea. Def. I agree, I have wanted another Hailey for a while...but I really like both equally...UGH. I just love that silver though, but I am scared it will peel or whatever.

mariak16

Jan 25, 2011
N. California
Really? The metal? or the leather?

I really like the silver with the gunmetal hardware. I would be so bummed. Thing is I had the sophia with brass and that peeled. Just can't win.
The leather started peeling. A friend of mine had the Maggie and hers did the same thing. She ended up exchanging hers about the same time I did. Both of us had them about a month. Here is a link to the thread I started about it. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/problem-with-my-metallic-abigail-advice-please-722538.html

Sep 5, 2011
I have the silver Hailey, got her with my PCE back in December and have used her regularly (well ok I admit I moved in the day I got her and haven't moved out!!!) for over a month and no problems. Sprayed with apple guarde before use and I have not had any issues. I am so in love with this purse. I now am on the hunt for cherry Hailey!!!

Off topic here, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Hailey in the teal croc. Ah, we can all dream can't we??