Advice on Sookie Bag

jess236

Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I am new to Ferragamo and would really appreciate any information on the small sookie bag. It was love at first sight, but I needed a bit of information on the bag before pulling the trigger. I was wondering if it is part of a permanent collection or just recently introduced. Are there any problems with the bag etc. what is the general quality of Ferragamo bags?

http://www.qcloth.com/2014/06/salvatore-ferragamo-sookie-leather-shopper-for-women/

Thanks!!!

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
I'm not the best at knowing all the Ferragamo bags but I believe this is a more recent style. It reminds me a bit of the Mulberry Bayswater (http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/bayswater-search/bayswater-oxblood-natural-leather) which is one Mulberrys signature bags.

Generally Ferragamo has excellent quality leather and workmanship. I have 4 of their bags so far and imagine I'll accumulate more over time (compared to 3 Balenciaga, 3 Mulberry, 5 Rebecca Minkoff.)

Last edited:

jess236

Apr 4, 2011
I'm not the best at knowing all the Ferragamo bags but I believe this is a more recent style. It reminds me a bit of the Mulberry Bayswater (http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/bayswater-search/bayswater-oxblood-natural-leather) which is one Mulberrys signature bags.

Generally Ferragamo has excellent quality leather and workmanship. I have 4 of their bags so far and imagine I'll accumulate more over time (compared to 3 Balenciaga, 3 Mulberry, 5 Rebecca Minkoff.)
Thank you for the information!
Yes, I did think it looked a lot like a Mulberry bag, but I think the Ferragamo is lighter and a little more polished - which is what I am looking for. Although, I do like the Mulberry bags as well. I am really happy to hear that the quality is excellent, with no major issues.

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
Thank you for the information!
Yes, I did think it looked a lot like a Mulberry bag, but I think the Ferragamo is lighter and a little more polished - which is what I am looking for. Although, I do like the Mulberry bags as well. I am really happy to hear that the quality is excellent, with no major issues.
Oh, I'm sure it's lighter than the Bayswater. I haven't handled the Sookie but the Bayswater isn't light, especially when it's full.

BovinaRabbit

May 11, 2014
California
The Sookie bag started to appear in Ferragamo's line up last year. Like you, I was interested in the Mulberry bayswater but found the bag too heavy for me. Also, when I tried the bayswater at the store the handles seemed too short to fit comfortably on my shoulder but the SA had informed me that it would stretch overtime.

I purchased the large Sookie last year because I wanted a tote bag similar in style to the Bayswater. Having used it a lot I can say that it is very lightweight, definitely lighter than the bayswater and the leather is a workhorse - it is soft, smooth, pliable and has held up well. I'm amazed that it does not scuff easily. At this point, the lower corners of the bag has a bit of wear. The specs on my bag's box says that the outer leather is calf while interior leather is nappa lamb skin.

I love the lighter colored leather lining in my Sookie. It is easier to find things. The only thing that may be a point of contention is that the older style Sookie does not have any internal pockets. It does, however, come with a leather pouch with an attachable strap.

jess236

Apr 4, 2011
The Sookie bag started to appear in Ferragamo's line up last year. Like you, I was interested in the Mulberry bayswater but found the bag too heavy for me. Also, when I tried the bayswater at the store the handles seemed too short to fit comfortably on my shoulder but the SA had informed me that it would stretch overtime.

I purchased the large Sookie last year because I wanted a tote bag similar in style to the Bayswater. Having used it a lot I can say that it is very lightweight, definitely lighter than the bayswater and the leather is a workhorse - it is soft, smooth, pliable and has held up well. I'm amazed that it does not scuff easily. At this point, the lower corners of the bag has a bit of wear. The specs on my bag's box says that the outer leather is calf while interior leather is nappa lamb skin.

I love the lighter colored leather lining in my Sookie. It is easier to find things. The only thing that may be a point of contention is that the older style Sookie does not have any internal pockets. It does, however, come with a leather pouch with an attachable strap.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the bag! It makes me more comfortable knowing that it is very sturdy. Since I don't plan to load it up, it should definitely last for my purposes.

Even though it appears to be a new model from last year, it is a classic design.

The small one has the light lining and the pouch as well... and no pockets. I'll probably use a bag organizer in this one.

BovinaRabbit

May 11, 2014
California
Thank you for sharing your experience with the bag! It makes me more comfortable knowing that it is very sturdy. Since I don't plan to load it up, it should definitely last for my purposes.

Even though it appears to be a new model from last year, it is a classic design.

The small one has the light lining and the pouch as well... and no pockets. I'll probably use a bag organizer in this one.

Glad to be of help. I love the pouch! I use it a lot since it is easy to transfer random small items when I switch out bags. Unfortunately, Ferragamo does not sell these pouches separately. I wish they did 😄

Sep 14, 2008
Hi,

I am new to Ferragamo and would really appreciate any information on the small sookie bag. It was love at first sight, but I needed a bit of information on the bag before pulling the trigger. I was wondering if it is part of a permanent collection or just recently introduced. Are there any problems with the bag etc. what is the general quality of Ferragamo bags?

http://www.qcloth.com/2014/06/salvatore-ferragamo-sookie-leather-shopper-for-women/

Thanks!!!

Hi, just wondering if you ever got this bag ? I too am in love with it! I've recently decided to get it, though I have to sell a few first! I have seen this in person and the leather is gorgeous ! The color I want is tan ( not sure exact name). I love the mulberry bayswater too but it is too big for me. The medium size in this ferragamo bag is perfect though. If I don't sell some items to pay for it, it'll have to wait till Christmas!!

jess236

Apr 4, 2011
I didn't end up getting it, because I missed out on getting a black one on sale. They already sold them by the time I decided to make the move :sad:. The boutique had a turquoise color and another light color left, but I only wanted the black one. I think a few colors (except black) are on still on sale on the website for about $1100.

I can't pay full price knowing that they go on sale, but I will be on the look-out for it.
I hope you manage to find the one you like - good luck!

Sep 14, 2008
I didn't end up getting it, because I missed out on getting a black one on sale. They already sold them by the time I decided to make the move :sad:. The boutique had a turquoise color and another light color left, but I only wanted the black one. I think a few colors (except black) are on still on sale on the website for about $1100.

I can't pay full price knowing that they go on sale, but I will be on the look-out for it.
I hope you manage to find the one you like - good luck!
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I Bloomingdales just told me they will have a Friends and Family sale at the end of September and Ferragamo is included!! Yippee!! I will get mine then,

pre10d

Apr 17, 2011
New York, NY
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I Bloomingdales just told me they will have a Friends and Family sale at the end of September and Ferragamo is included!! Yippee!! I will get mine then,
Yay! Hopefully I'll get my Varinas then. (They never have the colors I want on sale at the end-of-season sale.)